New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

brand new motorcyclist-might purchase this ninja, what do you guys think?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

sliders are a good thing just make sure you don't get the no cut ones. Not to sure if you bike even has these avable or not but make sure you get the ones that bolt directly to frame they'll hold up better in a drop than the no cut ones. and by the way welcome to the site and congrats on the bike.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks blue beast for the advice and welcoming me. I'm happy to be here.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 PM

bro, i bought my 01 zx7r before i knew how 2 ride it... then a week later i taught myself in my alley and on tha streets at 3 am..AND I NEVER PUT IT DOWN, dont be afraid of tha bike 4 any reason, that just means u shouldnt be on it...idk any1 who bought a 250 for the first bike n didnt wanna up grade by tha end of their first season, im rite up tha interstae from u in killwaukee n its plenty gorgeous women up here ridin r1's and busas, u dont want them seeing u on no 250.. u mite as well be riding in sum biker b!tches side car..

Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM

I fail to understand why it is looked down upon for a rider to start with a machine he can handle, and master, vs one you have in which your insurance payment is more than my housing/car and motorcycyle insurance combined. Additionally I would question the individual who is pushing you to buy a bigger bike "cosmetic reasons" vs the individual who is concerned about your riding development and safety. The last thing the cycle community needs is another Squid.

I love my 250 and have no plans of upgrading. Of course I am not in my 20's and don't have to impress anyone like you do.

Ride Safe

Old 04-09-2009, 01:14 AM

chicagochopper55,

congrats on the new purchase and good luck! as long as you take the safety course and ride with experienced riders they can teach you everything you need to know. as a beginning rider you will drop/lay the bike down. i just bought my first bike on march 19, an 07 zzr 600. i have a lil riding experience on small dirt bikes, i dropped my bike the very first night! i was sick, the bike WAS mint. just a few scratches is all. remember that there are two kinds of riders, those who have been down and those going down. just wear the proper gear! have fun! you'll be fine.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I personally think a 600 is the perfect size to learn on assuming you have a good head on your shoulders... Just because a 600 has a lot of power does not mean that you have to use it. Buying a 250 is good to learn on, but I have found that you end up wasting your money because two months down the road you grow out of it.

Yes, a 250 CAN be safer but you can treat a 600 the same as a 250... just don't go throttle happy and keep a good head on your shoulders. I'm not making fun of anyone who has a 250, i mean a bike is a bike go and have fun that is the whole point! (plus they get like, 75 mpg) haha.

I would say go with the 600 and just be careful

Old 04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I already bought the 600 (zx-6r j1). Haven't even ridden it yet. Weather has been real crappy.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Just finished riding! Got it up to third gear. Not bad for my second day!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

practiced some hard braking the other day... first time I slid the back tire a bit but after that I had it down pretty good. Now I need to work up to faster speeds braking hard. I also practiced some slowwww turning and it seemed pretty easy. We will see though.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

It just depends on the person. If you got the brains and are riding like you should you will be fine. Way back when I started riding I started on a zx750. Here I still am today. Its just all on you and how much respect you have for the bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brand new motorcyclist-might purchase this ninja, what do you guys think?