Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ***!

I just installed my full muzzy exhaust a couple of days ago and rejetted the carb. This mod made a huge difference! The only thing I dont like about the muzzy is the fitment. The top spring was touching the airbox, the pipe was hitting the right rear passenger peg and the muffler was hitting the turn signals. Other than the fitment issues, I love the way it sounds! The mods so far on the bike are muzzy full exhaust, uni filter, 09 klx250s dj kit(I used 132 main, 4th notch from top, stock spring with drilled slide, 3 turns out, stock pilot jet), removed all stickers, hid kit 6k, trimmed rear fender, cut both levers, removed the smog crap and removed the air box cover. I experimented with the dj kit and I ran strong with my settings now! I ran against my buddy and his stock wr250 and he was surprised! I was surprised too! This bike loves to run rich! Here are some low quality pics! I promise to upload some high quality pictures soon!

Attached Thumbnails Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!-img00485.jpg   Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!-img00501.jpg   Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!-img00502.jpg   Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!-img00506.jpg   Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!-img00507.jpg  

Old 09-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

here's my .02. they changed the muzzy muffler, it's alot larger compared to mine which btw, fits perfect and does not rub anything.
I don't care for the look of your bike with the decals removed, looks plain imo. the yami, as I've always thought, suffers from uglymufflerandtankshrouditis. the red klx still makes me tingle. did I say the muzzy is way different than mine? it looks almost oval in the pics. it rubs your signals because they made the muffler larger for some reason. weird. the bikes look good together and makes me feel proud to own a red one, with decals of course. lastly, your thread title made me laugh. i know what its like to open the bike up. it's a great feeling.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member

What on earth made you take the stickers off? Looks awful

Old 09-20-2008, 08:51 AM
1st Gear Member

It looks ok with the stickers removed, i would have left the kawasaki on the shrouds so it didn't look like an xr tho!
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO

Last edited by foambullets; 05-09-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I think the bike looks okay.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 PM
1st Gear Member

You guys are so worried about cosmetics! I want my bike to look ugly and dirty! All I really care about is the bike being mechanically in top condition and running good especially through the trails. I love my bike!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpaul310
I ran against my buddy and his stock wr250 and he was surprised! I was surprised too! This bike loves to run rich!
I agree totally. Run mine with a #138 and #38. Snarls.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I think it looks alright with no decals?

Old 09-20-2008, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

BTW I thought it was an XR when I first looked at the thumbnail.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Instead of hacking off the fender, you maybe could have just removed it and fabricated a metal bracket to hold the taillight, signals, and licence plate. You could have tucked the signals in further, pulling the right one away from that hot exhaust. But it looks very good the way you cut it. I think the exhaust looks wicked, and I can't wait to hit the lottery and get myself the full Muzzy. I'm not a fan of removing those stickers, you make the already-confused red bike look even more like a Honda.

But that is a sweet lookin' bike.

Quick Reply: Yippie! I finally got my bike to haul ass!