yep, i broke it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: yep, i broke it.

It appears that aside from a kill switch our bikes need a "batten down the hatches" button which closes all openings in the airbox lid, for those of us that still have the lid. Heck a small servo motor with a flap on it would be a start, I'm sure NoBrakes could figure something out. I could design the flap and seal but the electrical part has me out on a limb.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 PM

Where's NO BRAKES, haven't heard from him in a while.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: jellyfish

I traded PMs with him around Wednesday or Thursday of last week. He mentioned that he was about to go on vacation and would have limited access to a computer. Always the trooper, he said that he might get a chance to check in a little bit, but don't count on it.

The nerve of that guy letting family get in the way of his real friends on this forum. Go figure.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

ORIGINAL: jellyfish

I traded PMs with him around Wednesday or Thursday of last week. He mentioned that he was about to go on vacation and would have limited access to a computer. Always the trooper, he said that he might get a chance to check in a little bit, but don't count on it.

The nerve of that guy letting family get in the way of his real friends on this forum. Go figure.

Yep, I had the same question, so I sent him a PM.

He is down here in Florida enjoying the sunshine and beautiful weather. Unfortunately he is about 200 miles away, just above West Palm Beach. It if wasn't such a ride, I'd drop in and visit.

In lieu of a servo to "batten down the hatches" do you think "Look before you ride into a hole filled with water that might be deeper than you think" would be an alternative?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

After clearing out the airbox, filter, airbox breather tube, carb, crank vent tubes, etc., make sure that the cylinder head is dry, otherwise, it can just re-foul the plug with water again.

When you pull the plug, with the plug removed, put it in gear, 2nd, though, maybe 3rd or 4th if second is too hard, and push it around to blow out any water still left in the cyliner. Or, use some type of syringe with a flexible tip (rubber or plastic) that will go down inside the spark plug hole, without damaging the threads, and try to evacuate all the water.