New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

yep......im new....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Default yep......im new....

hey all.....so im new to this site and new to riding.
well to be correct i WILL be new to riding.
im thinking and stongly considering getting the 08 ninja 250R.
ive done my research on this and i think im pretty ready to make the next step to going and purchasing it.'[but i was wondering what u guys think about the 250 and it being a first time riders bike. also im a kinda small guy, about 5'5" so getting a much bigger bike is kinda out of the question.
so any of ur guys input is and will be helpful and appreciated.

thanks guys and/or gals

Old 04-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: yep......im new....

Welcome to the forums! Have you been able to sit on one yet to see how it fits you?

Old 04-26-2008, 03:23 AM

no not yet because my dealer in modesto wont be getting any in until may so i have to wait....

Old 04-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

im 5 4 and ride a zx14 raised up a little. the 250will be perfect welcome to the forums

Old 04-26-2008, 07:20 AM

yea ive read alot of reviews on this bike and they say that its a good beginners bike.
but i just thought that id come onto these forums and ask u more experienced riders what u think of this bike and whatnot before i go further and purchase one.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 AM
1st Gear Member

hell yeah man.

welcome to KF!!!!

well, i'm making a set of lowering links for another buddy on another kawi forum for an 08 250, so i guess just hit it up if you get the bike, and it's still too tall.

250 is a nice little bike.. should get a kick out of it! go get your MSF and all that crap taken care of if you haven't already.. it will be suggested and +1'ed by many others i'm sure.. start off right, and safe.. it'll save ya on your insurance anyway. and with gas prices and the end of the world, you'll need that extra money to buy.. uhhh.. whatever you wanna buy.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Welocme to KF..yeah what he said.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM

what do u mean by msf?....do u mean the motorcycle safety course?....if so then yea i do plan on doing that regardless of if it saves me on insurance being that this will be my first bike i dont want to go and wreck. i plan on babying this thing if i do decide to get it. im leaning toward it since gas is so much. ive done some online quotes and they say ill pay around 100 a month for insurance since im 20 and have 2 speeding tickets on my record.
does that sound about right?

Old 04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, and from your user name, I'm guessing that you play 3 accordions???[8D][8D][8D] Sorry I had to, just messing with ya....unless you actually do play three accordions, then its cool.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 and welcome!

ORIGINAL: whitehendrix

hell yeah man.

welcome to KF!!!!

well, i'm making a set of lowering links for another buddy on another kawi forum for an 08 250, so i guess just hit it up if you get the bike, and it's still too tall.

250 is a nice little bike.. should get a kick out of it! go get your MSF and all that crap taken care of if you haven't already.. it will be suggested and +1'ed by many others i'm sure.. start off right, and safe.. it'll save ya on your insurance anyway. and with gas prices and the end of the world, you'll need that extra money to buy.. uhhh.. whatever you wanna buy.

Quick Reply: yep......im new....