YAY finally got my bike back yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default YAY finally got my bike back yesterday!

Well i finally went and picked up my baby yesterday. He replaced the exhaust cam... man was the automatic compression release fudged up... he showed me the old one.... and when he put the new cam in, one valve shim was too much and the other was too little so i have to wear it in for about 1000 miles and have him adjust it again... no biggie. Im just glad to have it back, first thing i did was go home and put the big gun back on, then went back out for a ride. I love riding, i dont know what im gonna do when its snowing...

well here is a pic of the big gun on with the sticker removed...

here is my back tire with around 2700 miles on it.. kenda 270

Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Default RE: YAY finally got my bike back yesterday!

Congrats, EMS. I like the look of the Big Gun sans sticker.

As for the K270s, how do they perform on the road. I just ordered a set of Cheng Shin C858s because I heard they were very similar to the 270s, but just a little softer compound. From other posts, it sounds like I should expect less mileage on them than you are getting, but probably better road handling because of the softer compound. I would love to go with a longer lasting tire, but I was nervous about road handling for the 270s. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

the tire has been great to me.. only got stuck in mud 2 times.. but i think i would have no matter what tire i had... on the road its great, grabs nice... havent been on too many wet roads with it though, works great for me... i think i might try the tire you bought when this one wears out. let me know how that one is.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Hay EMS, glad to hear your bike is fixed. +1 on the big gun without the sticker.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thanks, you and me both, i think i put like 50 asphalt miles on it last night.... yea i like how it looks with out it too... wasnt sure if i would or not. but the sticker was kinda starting to peel off.. so i just finished it..

Old 10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you got your bike back EMS. Did you keep your old exhaust cam? If so, I'd love to see some detailed photos of the failure for future reference. I removed my cylinder last night to send off to be overbored and took some exhaust cam photos while I had it apart. Here's mine:

Old 10-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

in the last pic see the piece with the two rivits in it... that is held against the pin with the spring,... that piece on my cam was going past that big stopping pin, and getting stuck.... when i put the big gun back on, the bike sounded a little different to me too.. now that i recall...

Old 10-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yep, my bike is like my tattoos, i did what i like and love everything i have done, if anyone doesnt like it, good... i do what i want, im not living my life to make others happy... honestly i dont care what anyone thinks, i do what i do because i like it.... i am who i am and do what i do, if you dont like it.. o well... i was just posting the pics to let people see what it looks like with out it... just like the black rack, if you like it good... i like to live outside the box... ( this post wasnt meant to be mean or a personal attack on anyone.... i get alot of crap for some of my tattoos... kind of a sensitive spot.... no hard feelings towards anyone) i can take constructive critisim, thanks iowaguy.. and i do like it...

Old 10-03-2006, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Hahahaha, Dont listen to Iowa Guy bro Looks fine.

Glad to hear you got your bike fixed. Deej had the same problem didnt he. this exhaust cam de-compression lever. Maybe between you and him were starting to see a trend. I hope not but maybe.

As far as the big gun goes Ok I will admit it looks a little plain without the sticker but unlike Iowaguy I didnt pay 400 bucks for the sticker. I payed 400 for the exhaust myself. Also not sure If i should mention this yet but what the hell. Remember I had issues with the stripped screw and big gun wouldnt do anything. Well I was so ticked at them that I wound up buying the CNC endcap assembley from them instead of the Black anodized cap. Ya I know, 90 bucks is a chunk of change for the endcap but my race system had one and I like it better then the stock evo-x endcap.

Talked to Allison but I dont think she remembers me. She states it will fit the Evo-x system so I decided to take a chance. Should be here in about 6 days and I will let everybody know if it fits or not. Big Gun Evo-X with the CNC end cap should look pretty good I think. Talk to ya Later......

LV

Quick Reply: YAY finally got my bike back yesterday!