Wow, the stealership surprised me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Wow, the stealership surprised me...

I've been looking around for an Arai XD, pricing them out along with some other Dual Sport lids...
(Anyone seen the HJC Vapor yet? Kind of cool, but felt much cheaper than the Arai.)

Anyhoo, I was totally shocked when I went into Richmond Motorsports yesterday (just outside Vancouver BC), and they sold me the Arai XD for $499 CDN!
That's right. Best price I found in the US was $505 USD.

Something strange is going on... This is not a normal occurrence. But I'm happy! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

It's the gloss black (not exactly the color I wanted) but I've got a couple friends that are talented with the airbrush... Maybe I can swindle a deal there...

Old 12-16-2007, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Wow, the stealership surprised me...

I've been hunting for some dual-sport boots. I'd been using some old army combat boots. My wife said she felt sorry for me every time she watched me lace them up to go out riding. So she insisted that I put new moto boots at the top of my Christmas list. "Okay!" So I'd pretty much narrowed my choices down to Aerostich Combat Touring boots or Sidi Discovery Tepor boots. We were going to order the Aerostich boots online, but yesterday, on a whim, we popped in to our local BMW moto dealer (BMW of Western Oregon - Eugene http://www.bmwor.com/) to see if any BMW boots might fit the bill. Well, to my surprise, there are the Sidi Discoverys right at the top of a nice display of boots. Sweet! I tried on several pairs, and almost went with some BMW Santiago boots, very comfortable, slightly more street oriented than the Sidi boots, and $325. When I found out the Sidi's were only $250, I decided to go that way, since I really wanted more of a dirt riding boot anyway, and $75 less too.

The funny thing is I figured the boots at this dealer would be marked up to a premium, but most places I've found on the web are selling the Sidi Discovery at $265, (plus any shipping you pay, and if you don't get the size right the first time, more shipping costs) But this dealer is $15 under that. Plus we got excellent help from the parts manager, (and I had fun ogling the bikes, oh, and I got a free BMW motorcyles ball cap too)

PS. I did find a lower price on Sidi Discovery this morning. $249.95 (unknown shipping $) Five cents less! http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Ride...ery%20Boot.htm