Why is my klx such a whimp

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I got 12,000 miles on my Muzzy....and 14,500 on the bike. Sounds like operator error. LOL

Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I opened up the can.. huge space the size of a golfball blown into the packing.. it seems the hot air blew a nice space right into my perfect packing job. I am going to have to pack it in tighter I see.. everything else works great :P Muffler bearings greased well and wiper fluid added.. :P

Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

side note: My benchmark for this bike has been deep sand performance. SInce im 225 lbs, stock, it would just dig itself into the sand not going anywhere... with my two strokes in the past I could just get right up and float across anything at full throttle.. well.. Bill Blue.. you are the man.. because this bike kicks in the sand now.. wwwooooowwwww nothing can stop it now just powers through the deep stuff in any gear very nice Im so happy (except for when something breaks then I feel as though I need a tampon instantly)

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by T_i_G_e_R
I opened up the can.. huge space the size of a golfball blown into the packing.. it seems the hot air blew a nice space right into my perfect packing job. I am going to have to pack it in tighter I see.. everything else works great :P Muffler bearings greased well and wiper fluid added.. :P
When i used the string packing, it eventually migrated to the end of the can. If you pack it too tight, the sound just blows by. With my 4strokes, I use the sheet type packing, stays put and is easy to gather and stuff.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks stroker. i put the dense sheet stuff in.. works great now thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member

this is the best price on muffler bearings

Last edited by maninthesea; 03-26-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by maninthesea
At that price, I ordered four. One for each of my thumpers, and two for my dual exhaust CB919...I also ordered the dual exhaust for the CB while I was at it: saved on shipping costs!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by maninthesea
Incredible. TNC's and Dan's creative mind finding a real place on the web!!! Is one of them behind this web site, or what?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayCour
Incredible. TNC's and Dan's creative mind finding a real place on the web!!! Is one of them behind this web site, or what?
Wouldn't be my site.........too much nonsense. looks more like a TNC tomfoolery type of place.

I tell ya, that guy is just not that bright. He was here helping me put siding on my house last summer, and every so often he would he would take a nail out of his pouch and throw it over his shoulder. After seeing this a few times I got a little mad and asked him what the heck he was doing wasting nails. He proceeded to tell me that it was my fault for buying cheap nails. He explained that some of the nails he was pulling out of his nail pouch had the heads on the wrong end. O M G ! Can you believe that??? I mean really? the wrong end?, wow. I kept my cool because, even thought he makes fun of me on here, he really is a good guy.
I told him, "TNC, I hate to be the one that has to do all the thinking here, but I have already solved this problem. Just save those nails in another pocket , those nails are obviously for the other side of the house"... DUH!!!!!
We got her done though. I think it looks great. Thanks for the help brother.
Dan

Name:  upside-down-house.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  31.2 KB

Last edited by dan888; 03-27-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Very funny, Dan. You're just jealous because you still can't do a handstand on your motorcycle.

LOL!...man, I'd like to know the story behind that house picture of yours.

Attached Thumbnails Why is my klx such a whimp-tnchandstand.jpg  

Quick Reply: Why is my klx such a whimp