Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Where did the power go?

he has a Q4

Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guy's...I gonna look at the clip and washer and see if it's there. Hopefully I find something there if not I don't know what to do........It just won't go. I read that the FMF system is supposed to add horsepower gains but what I'm experiencing now seems to be loss!! I'm going the wrong way!!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

It's really hard to help when we're not getting the full story or our questions answered.
I'm pretty confident that you'll find the FMF (pipe, header, both?) is not the culprit.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
1st Gear Member

It turns out when I moved the clip position I had pinched the diaphragm when I put it back together. Once I got it back in the grove....WOW! It came back to life. All is good. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.....

Old 03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JS Kawi Dude

I first jetted the carb and rode it and it pulled great through all the gears up to red line. Today I put the header on and it seems to have lost all throttle response.

So this wasn't the actual order as it happened?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

apparently not.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I did jet the carb first (with the Q4 can on) and rode it for a couple of miles, only to find I had very rich condition. I actually fouled a plug. So I moved the clip on the needle to the 2nd slot. I did not ride it after I moved the clip, I left home for work for a couple of weeks. So I come home, and the header is finally at the house waiting for me. I put it on and rode it, that's when I noticed the difference in power....and not for the better. The first thing I checked today was the diaphragm and that was the problem. When I got it in it's proper grove all was good. But as far as the Powerbomb goes, I don't really notice much of a difference from the stock header. Am I missing something? With the Q4 can and the jetting, it pulled great in every gear (minus the rich condition....it did die on me after about 3 miles...luckly close to home). It does the same now, but I don't really notice a difference.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Travis,whens that 09 coming????

Old 03-17-2008, 05:06 AM
1st Gear Member

there should be a difference in the low end pull. the power bomb is morefor the top end.if you didn't feel any difference from the stock header to the power bombthen i'm not going to waste the $200 on one. thanks for that bit of info.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Through this whole thread, you've never answered when we ask what size of opening you have in your airbox. If you go to a higher flow exhaust and rejet, you naturally must let more air in.

Are you still running with the stock snorkel? If so, at least pull that out and see what happens. I don't think you would have fouled a plug so quickly had you given the engine the air it needs with the increased jet size/fuel delivery.

Quick Reply: Where did the power go?