The "wave" is getting out of control

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

You beat me to it Deej.

Like some Harley riders dont wave to sport and DS. I dont wave to scooters and mopeds. Maybe I should, I guess I'm being snobby. Sometimes when I ride my bicycle to work I feel like waving at motorcycle riders but then I think does my bicycle count, do they know I ride a motorcycle too, is any body listening?

Plus, does anybody really wave or do you just give them the half-hearted peace sign.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

No worries Deej, and I know that there are a lot of pinheads on Harleys the type that play dress up biker then ride to bar and sit in there all day pretending they're some kinda bad ***. They're on Jap cruizers too. But remember folks Harleys have also been the main stay of long distance touring riders for along time. Besides how many pairs of **** do you see at Beemer rally? I once went to the Thunder on the Mountain Rally in Brian Head Utah and it was like a soft **** Barbie convention. That's fun! I like all motorcycles.
Your not sitting in a cubicle are you?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

this thread is great! lol

Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member

May be harley riders wave their **** at each other??

I usually give the nod and a left hand raise, and if someone doesn't wave back (40%) most of which are big street bike guys and probably have their hands full keeping them on the road anyhow, so it doesn't bother me. Dirt bikers seem to have less of a pissing match with the world than street bike guys, so in my experience they are more apt to acknowledge the presence of another like minded beings. But what do I know.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

The KLX is like crack for kids. I've heard "Do a wheelie" one to many times.

Dual sport riders always a big wave and a thumbs up 99% of the time. There are only a few around here.

Sport bikes/ cruisers 85% Usually a nod

Harley's 30% usually groups wave more but solo riders seldom do. (Met some nice bikers last summer and they blessed my bike)

Skooters 20% A few people around here bought them to save gas and have no clue about riding. To busy watcing out for passing traffic.

Mopeds 10% can't remember if I've seen one but I'm sure I'd wave.

Cops 1% yeah he waved alright. More of a slow down motion after I flew by him.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I've actually seen their passengers wave their ****! Thats better than a half-hearted peace sign any day.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I will usually give the wave as I drive by other motorcyclists. But if I'm working the controls and the left hand is on the clutch, I will give a nod. I find the wave as a suggestion that I'm watching out for the other drivers on the road.

For around my area, it will really depend on the drivers that give the wave back.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Lots of waves around here. The surprising thing is that I usually don't need to initiate, if you have a headlight and aren't 49cc in the bike lane, you get a wave.

The cruiser crowd is the most stingy on waves, though. But we can give them a wheelie or a no-hander two thumbs up to show there are no hard feelings.

DS'ers get a wave AND a nod. Lots of BMW GS in these parts.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
First of all I'm going to flip you the finger (flips finger)

There, now that thats out of the way. Because dude...motorcycle (dirtbike/streetbike), four wheeler riders, snowmobilers....all share the 'brotherhood' if you will. When I go offroad I get a wave ALL the time. I go up to people I dont know and strike up a conversation. I will never do that in everyday life, but with 'riders', its different. We share something, its the exception.

Its like being a Marine, only different. Any Marine can walk up to another and they instantly have something in common. Does that go for everything? ... No, like you just said, .. boaters obviously don't share that. I kinda thought they would, but I guess not. Its just the way certain things are. Its the way it works. And like I said, when I use to have a cruiser, I got a wave everytime.

Oh, and FM...hers another bird for ya in case the first one gets lonely. (flips the bird)

Funny stuff, you obviously take your waving serious

Boaters are the worst with waving....all the F'n time, it's stupid. Been doing it forever...WHY?

Bikes seem a little different, with low wave vs the full on Forrest Gump that boaters do.

Who started this waving thing anyway.....any why do people keep doing it???

I have no need to give ya the bird....I do everytime I post..roflmao

Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Lmao!!! at what jason said to F.Mullet
Besides all that. I get waves from EVERYONE even Harley Riders. If someone doesnt wave back. why care? Its probably cuz there not riding a kawasaki.

Quick Reply: The "wave" is getting out of control