The "wave" is getting out of control

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default The "wave" is getting out of control

Ok..before I was down to a 50% wave ratio in passing other riders. Now..I swear its 30%. ... if that.

What the hell is up with people? I'll even wave to them and not get a return wave!

Anyone else having this problem?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Give the finger instead, I bet you'll get a response then.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

It's summertime... everyones ex-step-brother-in-law and their friend are out riding during the nice weather... usually in t-shirt and sneakers. Just ignore them, they'll go away in a couple months.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 AM

Most riders here wave as long as is not a Harley rider, they do not seems to wave to ds riders.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DigiSnapMark
It's summertime... everyones ex-step-brother-in-law and their friend are out riding during the nice weather... usually in t-shirt and sneakers. Just ignore them, they'll go away in a couple months.
+1

I've noticed an decrease in the number of wavers too. There's always been a lack of serious motorcyclists in this area (anything but a cruiser while wearing full gear) but now even most of the cruiser guys aren't waving. The colder air will filter them out.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Alright, Ive decided... they're getting a big ole cowboy howdy wave well in advance...if no return, they are getting the bird.

And plus one on the wannabees. Saw this *** hat today pass this car while I was coming the other way on a bike with ape hangers, and the tard had no helmet on with a super tight white T shirt and I swurved off the road to avoid the death and disaster.... stupid me.... when he passes me he just looks at me like "wtf". I just thought, go back to smashing beer cans on your head and finding tighter shirts (stole that last one from transformers haha)

Old 07-16-2009, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

I've also noticed the decrease in the wave lately, almost to the extent that I've come to give the quick RETURN wave if by some miracle a cruiser should give one. I still give a wave to sport, touring and ds(which I never see around here) and 90% give it back. Its kinda strange, there are alot of Harley riders at work that really like my bike and they aren't the type to just say that to be nice. Well, once the pansies can't take the cooler temps I think the wave will return!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Give the finger instead, I bet you'll get a response then.
roflmao

Seriously, why do you want or expect other people that you DO NOT KNOW to wave at you????

Do you randomly walk around waving a people like Forrest Gump just waving at people you do not know???

Is it cool to wave to a biker under certain conditions...similar bike...attitude...what ever...you betch ya...mandatory...no.

The same thing happens in boating......hey I'm driving a boat and so are you ....lets wave at each other....gmafb.

Let it go and just ride ...... or better yet pass a Harley with attitude.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 AM
1st Gear Member

i normally wave, and im one of those *** hats that rides in t shirts and sneakers (only to work though, 4 miles each way).

Old 07-16-2009, 07:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
roflmao

Seriously, why do you want or expect other people that you DO NOT KNOW to wave at you????

Do you randomly walk around waving a people like Forrest Gump just waving at people you do not know???

Is it cool to wave to a biker under certain conditions...similar bike...attitude...what ever...you betch ya...mandatory...no.

The same thing happens in boating......hey I'm driving a boat and so are you ....lets wave at each other....gmafb.

Let it go and just ride ...... or better yet pass a Harley with attitude.

First of all I'm going to flip you the finger (flips finger)

There, now that thats out of the way. Because dude...motorcycle (dirtbike/streetbike), four wheeler riders, snowmobilers....all share the 'brotherhood' if you will. When I go offroad I get a wave ALL the time. I go up to people I dont know and strike up a conversation. I will never do that in everyday life, but with 'riders', its different. We share something, its the exception.

Its like being a Marine, only different. Any Marine can walk up to another and they instantly have something in common. Does that go for everything? ... No, like you just said, .. boaters obviously don't share that. I kinda thought they would, but I guess not. Its just the way certain things are. Its the way it works. And like I said, when I use to have a cruiser, I got a wave everytime.

Oh yeah, and someone mentioned outsiders liking the DS bikes. Its kinda funny, I'm getting less waves from fellow bikers and I've actually got an increase in waves from general motorists and people on the street. People in general like the Kaw... just not other bikers.

They're just jealous they can't be this cool.

Oh, and FM...hers another bird for ya in case the first one gets lonely. (flips the bird)

Quick Reply: The "wave" is getting out of control