UFO HEADLIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: UFO HEADLIGHT

Welcome Bill!!
I'm sorry that you haven't herd from me since I got my carb. But I had the suspension off at the same time and have only had it running with the carb on while on the bike stand. So far so good. Once I get the suspension back on and install the kick start kit, then I'm going to do some serious tuning and riding. I'll let you know how it performs.
You are already a legend on this board.[sm=hail.gif] Glad to see you here!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:49 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Thanks, is the CRD Absolute skid plate made specifically for the KLX250S?...any modifications required?....part #?...where can I see/order online?

thanks for the help

Old 01-28-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree, I like disc mufflers and ran them on my last 4 bikes. I have held off on a pipe hoping supertrapp or fmf would come out in 07 with a set up for the klx. The fmf mega max is also packless. I ran one on my dr 350. Nice mellow sound' loved it.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Hello JB1,
I am waiting for a reply back from the CRD distributor about price & availability.

Bill

Old 01-28-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: b_joannblue

Hello JB1,
I am waiting for a reply back from the CRD distributor about price & availability.

Bill

Welcome Bill, Joanne, and Bake,
It is a pleasure to see you folks on this forum. Great info and photos Bake. Very curious as to the skid plate? Several of us (including myself) had tried to locate the CRD skid plate to no avail. Wound upthat some of the guys here rallied togather and convinced Utah Sport Cycles to produce a similiar design which most of us have on our bikes.
Now; that UFO headlight is really an improvement over the stocker. For those of you who don't know, Billowns B&B Cycle Restoration in Wichita, KS (still correct info; right Bill)? What is the price of the headlight w/ mounting kit? I see that you have installed Maier extreme handguards on Joannes bike. How is she liking them? Any issues with cable interference?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome Bill, Joanne, and Bake,
It is a pleasure to see you folks on this forum. Great info and photos Bake. Very curious as to the skid plate? Several of us (including myself) had tried to locate the CRD skid plate to no avail. Wound upthat some of the guys here rallied togather and convinced Utah Sport Cycles to produce a similiar design which most of us have on our bikes.

By the way, has anyone heard from tefer? Thanks again to tefer and cwgoff for getting that project off of the drawing board and into reality!

Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi Bake,

I'm anxious to see how you did the crankcase vent mod. Please post the pics when you get a chance. Thanks.

Dan

Old 02-02-2007, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: UFO HEADLIGHT & CRD Skidplate

Hello All,

First of all glad to be part of this site.

I have talked with the local dealer thatwe bought all three KLX 250S from Bake, Jo Ann & myself. I gave him the name of the distributor of the CRD skidplate he is supposed to check with them onthe price that we can sell them at. No modification was needed to install the skid plate it just bolted on it fit perfectly.

The UFO headlight bolts on without any mods to the bike after I modifythe headlight assy. all bolts needed to mount it come with the kit. Ialsochange all wiring plug in to matchthe stock wiring. The kit will cost $154.50 + freight.

Does anyone have a set of rear passenger footpegs they want to sell my son wants a set to put on his bike not a KLX.

Thanks
Bill & Jo Ann