Two 950's and two 250's on a Monday afternoon .....

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Default RE: Two 950's and two 250's on a Monday afternoon .....

Dang, I want one of those "Official" University of Florida bikes!

The blue and orange KTM is such a nice looking bike. I would ride it with pride!

Looks like you got up on the powerlines just north of the store in Altoona. I know of some much better places.

I know the KLX is a much better bike in the sand. That's why I bought one!

Jellyfish, ain't they much easier to pick up in the sand?

Old 10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sullydirt

ORIGINAL: jellyfish

Mike thanks for the pics, had a good time, even though I broke My camera. My thigh is swollen after getting off in the mud, but I think I will live for another ride... 400 plus pound bike + street tires = stuck!!!
Francis, I din't know you were on this forum yet. Here's a short video of you at the sandtrap.

Francis (AKA Jellyfish) in the sand
Bump! Man I have to give it to you guys that ride in sand, we don't really have any here in the great northwest, mostly hard packed dirt, gravel and river rocks. I did find a small piece of sand at the beginning of the summer down by one of the 5 rivers we have here and I almost dumped the bike. No thanks. You guys got skills.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Francis took this pic. Who needs a kickstand in the sand:

Old 10-31-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

lmfao .... its true no kickstand required in the sand. Great pics, I gotta get up to the Scrub.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:27 PM

Sullydirt, thanks for the ride report and pics. Looks like a great time up until the end. I'm sorry to hear about your bike. Did the tapping have a ring to it? Like a wrench banging on metal?

Old 10-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OiWScOi43g&eurl=

there ya go deej, check that out

Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Man that's crazy!![sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 11-01-2006, 02:55 PM

That video is awesome!! All out on the throttle and I think I saw a green bike heheh.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Marty

Sullydirt,

Yep, I recognize the place where you gathered! I know it very well. Has some of the best fried chicken in the county. They also do an awesome facsimile of a Chile Rellano!

Looks like you found some of the spots I told you about! Remember, you wanted to hill climb! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

I am more than mildly interested in hearing about what happened to your KLX! If it is indeen the KACR, I think we really need to organize here. One of, if not the biggest problem with the deaf ear on the Doohickey on the KLR is the fact that most folks repaired it themselves. Hard as it might be to understand, but in a large corporation, the amount of warranty work - or "rework" - comes under a special budget. If there are no reports from the DEALERSHIPS about having to do a large amount of work on a particular piece of the product, there is nothing wrong - in their opinion.

The way we can get their attention is to start documenting all the problems we are having. Anyone that has a problem with the KACR on a KLX should get receipts, making sure "KACR" is written on the service order. We then need to start writing to KHI about this - if it is a problem. Personally, if Sullydirt's problem is KACR related - which it sure does sound very likely - I think we need to start writing letters. If we have someone trained in writing poignant letters that get attention, I would ask that they step forward and start putting something together. It might sound old fashioned, but a letter to a corporation usually elicits a response. The person getting all those letters to respond to will get tired of having to respond to so many letters and they will start bringing up the problem in meetings. That is a sure fire method of getting attention for this problem.

Myself, I think I will order the Larry Roeseler Favorites cams next week!

I might play with the KACR and see about 'pinning' it open or just removing the mechanism.

More to follow.

Marty I have been following the cam thread. When I was riing with Sully I looked at the tach occasionaly to see where was at. Sure thang was smack between 4k and 7k, now in the sand when you pin it after seven kinda breaks the tire loose.

Most of my riding is between 4 to 7,000 rpm. More torque in that range would be sweet. I am with you on this one Marty.

I will follow closely for details. Have you ever done cams on a twin cam.? If not I can help done a couple times. Sully has the timing specs in the book ant the torque settings too. Cheers mate Rock on

Forgot to mention Usually high lift cams require new springs with less coils so there is no bind at max lift. I don't have the spring compressor but pretty sure we can find one..

Francis