1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Leaving next Tuesday morning.
See ya there!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
See ya there!
Hey, are you guys meeting up in Moab? I was kidding around about it earlier this year on here. That would be really cool to meet up and ride somewhere like that, I just didn't have the $$ to pull it off this year. Have fun, and stay safe, amigos. PICS
Dan

Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

That's the plan, Dan. I'll be there for just a few days towards the end of TNC's visit and hope to meet up with him.

Gold valves are in. Big tank is on. Testing it all out tomorrow. eeeehaaw

Last edited by IDRIDR; 04-22-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

That's the plan, Dan. I'll be there for just a few days towards the end of TNC's visit and hope to meet up with him.

Gold valves are in. Big tank is on. Testing it all out tomorrow. eeeehaaw
Awwww man! Sounds like a blast. I'm jealous. Some day I want to do a meet out that-a-way. $4/gal + 1300 miles each way would be $650, just in gas, for me! I do have a few local rides planned, and a family vacation to visit relatives in GA and FL, already, so I'll have ride Moab vicariously through you guys.
Have fun!!!!!!!!
Dan

Old 04-23-2011, 05:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Our budget is around $350 each for everything for 2 1/2 days riding there including fuel, food, and miscellaneous supplies. Four in one truck and camping out. Can't complain about that.

Kind of jacking this tread into a different direction, eh?

Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Our budget is around $350 each for everything for 2 1/2 days riding there including fuel, food, and miscellaneous supplies. Four in one truck and camping out. Can't complain about that.

Kind of jacking this tread into a different direction, eh?
$350 each isn't bad at all, and the biggest part of that cost is still probably fuel. Too bad you couldn't string together a few more days. Once you get there it's cheap enough to stay. Buddy-ing up is the way to go. I'm heading up to northern WI soon with two other guys to ride a 2 day event. Sharing the fuel cost and motel room really brings the price down.
I was just going to apologize, to the guy that started this thread,for the thread jack, but then realized it's my thread. haha
So let me know how the trailtech does in Moab...........there back on track.
Dan

Old 04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
$350 each isn't bad at all, and the biggest part of that cost is still probably fuel. Too bad you couldn't string together a few more days. Once you get there it's cheap enough to stay. Buddy-ing up is the way to go. I'm heading up to northern WI soon with two other guys to ride a 2 day event. Sharing the fuel cost and motel room really brings the price down.
I was just going to apologize, to the guy that started this thread,for the thread jack, but then realized it's my thread. haha
So let me know how the trailtech does in Moab...........there back on track.
Dan
Dan, you're right on the gas expense. That's why I try to stay for a tad over 2 weeks anywhere I go. Once I get there in my cargo minivan and camp out in the hinterlands, costs are negligible...probably less overall than what I'd spend per day at home. One bad thing that I was talking to IDRIDR about concerning our trip logistics on this one is how the guv'mint is constantly pushing people out farther and farther from town areas for free camping in the forest or BLM lands. And where they have camping, it's just about all fee stuff. Kind of ticks me off when you consider that it's already our land.

I come prepared to take care of myself. I use a portable chemical portapotty, use a solar shower, don't make campfires, and take all my trash out with me. I don't need any support from guv'mint sponsored facilities other than a little access. I've been doing this for enough years to see this "creep" of additional camping cost get bigger and bigger. Basitids! At Moab, you used to able to camp free within just a few miles of town on BLM land. Now you pretty much have to go about 15-25 miles from town to find a very minimal choice in free camping. With the cost of gas, you can just about even out paying for a $10 or so a night fee campsite...if you're lucky...at a primitive site with a pit toilet. You often have to swing by town to get ice, gas, some groceries, or other logistical necessities, so you do have to consider the distance and gas price. Some don't mind bending over and paying for it, but it irks me to no end. Plus, maybe you don't want to be stuffed in amongst a bunch of other campers...some of whom are real knuckleheads occasionally. I've come as close to fighting with or shooting someone in a public campground setting who was acting an a$$ as anywhere else in my lifetime.

I can see IDRIDR wondering just about now how/why he even considered hooking up with some crazy Texas who goes around nearly shooting and fighting with fellow campers...LOL!

Old 04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

This has to rate pretty high on the list of best threadjack ever! LOL

Old 04-23-2011, 05:05 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
This has to rate pretty high on the list of best threadjack ever! LOL
Not really ol'k. When I do shoot the unruly camper who's irritating everybody in camp, IDRIDR and my KLX will be sporting Trailtech Vapor instrument panels...LOL!