Tour de ApalachicolaIII - MLK Weekend Jan 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Tour de ApalachicolaIII - MLK Weekend Jan 2008

Hi All,
Sorry for the late notice but here is details for this years Tour De Apalachicola here in Tallahassee, Fl. I know several of you guys attended last year and it would be nice to see your smiling faces again this year.

MxTrail

http://www.supernet.net/~gerald/tda.htm

What: Dual Sport Rally and BS Session
Where: Camp Indian Springs, 2387 Bloxham Cut-Off Road, Crawfordville, FL 32327
When: January 18th thru 21st, 2008

Attendees wanting to participate in the guided off road rides need to have a street legal, insured Dual Sport Motorcycle. A Dual Sport means that it is off road
capable yet fully legal to operate on the street. Also required is NF approved spark arrestor for the National Forest crossings and DOT approved tires for the
street.
Please, if planning to attend RSVP Gerald at gerald@supernet.net .
Camp Indian Springs has graciously allowed us permission to use the Camp for the Rally, if you wish to camp the cost is $10 per person per night. For this we have access to several bunk houses that sleep about 10 people each, or you can set up a tent.Or you can pull a pop-up camper, but electricity and water might not be available depending on where you park. Large RVs have a difficult time navigating the narrow sand roads around camp.
Be sure to bring a sleeping bag good to 20 degrees F and whatever else you need to be comfortable camping.
Please download the this form and have it filled in to expedite the process

Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tour de ApalachicolaIII - MLK Weekend Jan 2008

man id love to go again this year... but not gonna happen.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:37 AM

Anyone on here going this year? I have that weekend off and would sure like to head south for a little warm weather. Those that went last year, what did you think?

Old 01-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

great trip...but it is a klr650 ride.... pretty much... so they do alot of fire road stuff.... me and chris, who had a klx at the time went off on our own alot and found some knarly stuff... great trip for sure.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Denglish,
Come on down. I got 65 people RSVP'd right now and expect more. It's a great time and it looks like the weather will be perfect. Seeya.

MxTrail

Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: denglish
Anyone on here going this year? I have that weekend off and would sure like to head south for a little warm weather. Those that went last year, what did you think?
Nope.....klx = fast tight trailfun.........klr = fire road stuff like ems said......if I were to go I'd ride my 640 adv over....... REAL GOOD PEOPLE THOU!!!! ...... If ya don't mind mellow riding it's a great trip. Food is good too....get some oysters if ya go.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:10 AM

Thanks for your input EMS and Mullet, I have to go somewhere, too cold here in the midwest, mellow is probably about right for me. I will probably go and as long as it is warm it will be OK! I will report back, maybe with pictures if I learn how to do that. Still working on the satellite remote control. We should work on an annual winter KLX ride, maybe somewhere in Florida (Mullet?). This midwest living sucks, I moved here from Texas where one could ride pretty much year round. My IQ is in the single digits!!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

dengfish, I tried to get a lil klx ride fest going at the Ocala National Forest going sumetime this winter, nooone of the yankees wanted to come down....I guess they like ice. lol

If ya go to the advrider site, check regional forums, east section, an look for the ongoing east central florida thread, .... if ya see sand fleas you got the right thread, they ride at the Scrub every weekend and are good folk.....there are a few overnighters commin up.

I'm free most weekend too.

Or ya could just hop a plane to Costa Rica an rent a bike for a few days...fairly cheap and way fun.

PS warm too. lol

Old 01-15-2008, 03:05 AM

Mullet, I go to the ADV site quite often, and I do remember your suggestion of a winter ride. We should set a date and see who shows up, maybe next year. I am hoping to retire sometime late next year and spend more time in the warmer climes. I have a son in San Antonio and will definately spend more time down there in the winter. Big Bend is a magical place, and I hear Mexico is near TX. Life is too short to just sit by the fire for four months or so.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: denglish
I am hoping to retire sometime late next year and spend more time in the warmer climes. Life is too short to just sit by the fire for four months or so.
Did ya get a chance to see my recent Costa trip.....check it out......then stop sittin around the fire a get out there...... I spent less than 1K for a whole week

Ya know....the only things ya ever regret are the things ya didn't do.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_227975/tm.htm