together again

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
Yah, the 351 is a beautiful thing

Just get the damn kit, who cares what the lady says!! I didn't ask, I *TOLD* I'm getting it.. And know what she said?? "Cool!".
You guys that have to beg and sneak around are doing it wrong!!!
Tellin it like it is Larry !!

I just get what I want, when I want. Its easy.

For all the guys with a little string tied around there finger, just ask her how many pairs of shoes she has?
Thats a great way to end the conversation !!

Old 12-05-2009, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol guy
Well I found out if you beg long enough and then throw in a new couch and chair or new carpet you can usually get some parts. For really big parts a cruise might have to be added.
Been riding since high school - mid-70's ... holy %#^@, I'm getting to be an o-l-d geezer

Been married 24 years and there is absolutely no reason, trinket, bribe, excuse, "technical rational" blah, blah, blah that hasn't already been worn thin and/or seen through.

Was hoping one of you clever types might come up with a totally new approach that would throw her off ... oh, well

Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Tellin it like it is Larry !!

I just get what I want, when I want. Its easy.

For all the guys with a little string tied around there finger, just ask her how many pairs of shoes she has?
Thats a great way to end the conversation !!
That no mere "little string" my friend, it's a forged band of noble metal, with strange and unpredictable powers not to be toyed with lightly.

"how many shoes?" >>>> "how many pliers? how many wrenches? how many screwdrivers ... need I go on?"

Good in theory, usually goes down in flames in my house

Old 12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
1st Gear Member

We were married 43 years, ours is a partnership. I get something nice next time she gets something nice. I don't whine when she wants and she doesn't whine when I do. Worked for us. Of course I slept on the couch a few times before I adopted that plan.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol guy
We were married 43 years, ours is a partnership. I get something nice next time she gets something nice. I don't whine when she wants and she doesn't whine when I do. Worked for us. Of course I slept on the couch a few times before I adopted that plan.
+1, good system, that's how we do it. Going on 20 years here. Although, I think I'm a little behind, I need to go buy something to even things up.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

I am single with no kids. I havent had to ask permission to do anything to my bike.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
[B]
Nup, not a good way to go.
I tries that and she then proceeded to add up the cost of all the shoes she has.
And there is a lot of em
Even built a wardrobe just for the shoes

Name:  PICT0002-4.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  66.3 KB

Anyway, the total cost of all the shoes doesn't even come close to the cost of what I spend on 1 bike.
And I have 4.

No, I need a more devious method.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LongmontKLXr
Been riding since high school - mid-70's ... holy %#^@, I'm getting to be an o-l-d geezer

Been married 24 years and there is absolutely no reason, trinket, bribe, excuse, "technical rational" blah, blah, blah that hasn't already been worn thin and/or seen through.

Was hoping one of you clever types might come up with a totally new approach that would throw her off ... oh, well
loose the $$$$ to a buddy in a bet. then turn around and win the 351 kit in another bet. laughing the whole time she calling you an idiot for betting that much money.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tucaz#2
loose the $$$$ to a buddy in a bet. then turn around and win the 351 kit in another bet. laughing the whole time she calling you an idiot for betting that much money.
This is what I'm talking about ... a scheme never before used

It's good for one shot, though laughing part would not be good ... cut laughing part and figure out some totally incomprehensible bet with buddy she can't figure out and thus idiot calling kept to minimum

Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Nup, not a good way to go.
I tries that and she then proceeded to add up the cost of all the shoes she has.
And there is a lot of em
Even built a wardrobe just for the shoes

Anyway, the total cost of all the shoes doesn't even come close to the cost of what I spend on 1 bike.
And I have 4.

No, I need a more devious method.
You built her a freakin' Wardrobe for her shoes? What more could a woman ask for? That alone is worth "1/2 - 3/4 a bike" in my opinion. Ask her how many of her friends husbands build homes for their wives fashion accessories? See ... what a damn fine fellow you are.

You're at least 1/2 way to new bike on that one IMO.

Quick Reply: together again