Tie down fork block

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tie down fork block

ORIGINAL: ol guy

ORIGINAL: deej

Mine was free!!! I'll take free over looks any day.......wait.

DEEJ, Is that dirt under your fender or is my screen dirty?
No,...well you see, its just. its not what you think, I ....you see what happened was...........................yes[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 03-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

OCD time doesn't count against me does it?
I'm not sure OCD time could be accurately measured since I'm sure when that kicks in you are, like, "in the zone" where space and time have little meaning, reality as we know it ceases to exist, and maybe the sky could even be purple in that world for all I know. So I guess we'll let OCD time slide since we have no frame of reference for it out here.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:27 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

sooooooooo..... what are you trying to say about my custom designed, high quality, heavy duty, state of the art Fork seal saver!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!!?!
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that it was a block of wood..........my bad.
HEY, I spent 5 min (that I could have been riding) slaving over that artwork with my jig-er-circular-saw-er-high quality- lathing tool-gismo.......Look at the fine sheen of that fully aged wood....Looks at the robustness of the grain!!!!

OK, its a block of wood.....[8D]

Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

"deej's idea is better imo" WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? Just messing with ya man. I guess I was just too cheap to buy one and came up with a have it now idea, (idear as Paul Sr would say)

Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

It's been discussed here before. I trailer my bike alot and since I have had my front forks resprung and revalved I'm more concerned with keeping the seals in tact. I never have liked the "block of wood" for a fork block and I ran acrossed these. I ordered one and to my pleasure it is one of the nicest pieces I have ever come acrossed for the money. It is billett aluminum, has clips for the front forks to keep it in place and works really well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9031%26fvi%3D1

Some may think that it is pricey, but afterI got it and saw the quality I thought that it was a steal!
i guess i don't see the point. it does the same thing as a block of wood but has pointy edges against the tire and plastic fender. only difference i see is it has clips keeping it in place when trying to tie it down. to me it looks like just one more thing thatpotentially wouldn't releasewhen trying to remove. deej's idea is better imo, smooth edges and no poking into tire or fender.

i thought it was funny how it states it won't fit the husky's 450 forks- those suckers are just too big in diameter. those damn bikes are so overbuilt it's not funny.
Have you ever heard the phrase "If you have to ask why, you simply wouldn't understand"? Well this is one of those situations.
But I'll try........
There are no "pointy" edges. The piece is about 5/8" thick and contoured to fit the curvature of the tire.
The other end fits perfectly where the fender mounting bolts are and doesn't put wny stress on the plastic.
The clips snap on and off effortlessly.
And it is truely a beautiful, functional piece. (But only a select few of us can appreciate the beauty of fine machined billet aluminum.)
I must admit that one of my biggest faults is that I will pay extra for top quality. I guess that its my own OCD issue. But one of my highest priorities is taking care of my bikes. There are those who think that I'm stupid for useing nothing but Baxley chocks when I haul my bikes. (they are probably the most expensive around) http://www.baxleycompanies.com/LAChock.html But they secure the bike faster and better than any Condor ever thought of.
So if you don't see the point, I understand. You have my sympathy.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:05 PM

"deej's idea is better imo"
don't hear that too often

Old 03-22-2007, 03:48 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

I think its a nice fork block, I plan on ordering one for myself. Its billet and only $35...helluva deal imo.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

It's been discussed here before. I trailer my bike alot and since I have had my front forks resprung and revalved I'm more concerned with keeping the seals in tact. I never have liked the "block of wood" for a fork block and I ran acrossed these. I ordered one and to my pleasure it is one of the nicest pieces I have ever come acrossed for the money. It is billett aluminum, has clips for the front forks to keep it in place and works really well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9031%26fvi%3D1

Some may think that it is pricey, but afterI got it and saw the quality I thought that it was a steal!
i guess i don't see the point. it does the same thing as a block of wood but has pointy edges against the tire and plastic fender. only difference i see is it has clips keeping it in place when trying to tie it down. to me it looks like just one more thing thatpotentially wouldn't releasewhen trying to remove. deej's idea is better imo, smooth edges and no poking into tire or fender.

i thought it was funny how it states it won't fit the husky's 450 forks- those suckers are just too big in diameter. those damn bikes are so overbuilt it's not funny.
Have you ever heard the phrase "If you have to ask why, you simply wouldn't understand"? Well this is one of those situations.
But I'll try........
There are no "pointy" edges. The piece is about 5/8" thick and contoured to fit the curvature of the tire.
The other end fits perfectly where the fender mounting bolts are and doesn't put wny stress on the plastic.
The clips snap on and off effortlessly.
And it is truely a beautiful, functional piece. (But only a select few of us can appreciate the beauty of fine machined billet aluminum.)
I must admit that one of my biggest faults is that I will pay extra for top quality. I guess that its my own OCD issue. But one of my highest priorities is taking care of my bikes. There are those who think that I'm stupid for useing nothing but Baxley chocks when I haul my bikes. (they are probably the most expensive around) http://www.baxleycompanies.com/LAChock.html But they secure the bike faster and better than any Condor ever thought of.
So if you don't see the point, I understand. You have my sympathy.
MeeeeOWWWWW!