Supermoto Rims off d-tracker

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Supermoto Rims off d-tracker

no argument just a difference of opinion. [8D] All I have done is changed my back rim, a 10 minute change back when I want to go off road. I haven't changed suspension or anything, the bike is apart from the rim / tyre still as it came from the factory so I'm not sure what you mean by the bike is totally street biased.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:35 PM

Mav,

would like to do the same as you are doing. except I am probably gonna have to get the rims separately and have them laced up to stock hubs. So far all of my riding has been on the street. Haven't had a chance to do any trail riding. Hell, I may not get a chance until October. But since I am riding on the street so much, the supermoto wheels just make more sense. Besides, this is Seattle and I am going to get caught in the rain sooner or later. Actually did a little bit on thursday and knobbies on wet pavement felt just a little too squirrley for me and some decent street tires would probably helped alot.

and one more thing, could you take a pic of the bike during the daytime? couldn't see too much of the ones you took earlier.

Later

Rich

Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Tell ya what Rich on Saturday I will have some time I will put the front wheel on as well and take some daytime pix. I'll also ride it and let you know what its like with both 17" rims and road tyres. I suspect I will have to have a grinectomy to remove the smile from my face [8D]

Cheers

Garry

Old 09-06-2006, 04:58 PM

Garry,

Look forward to it.

As for the grinectomy, don't get one. just get a bigger helment.

Rich

Old 09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ha ha ha ha

Old 09-07-2006, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Rumor mill is growing louder concerning the import of the D-tracker to the US in '07...

Old 09-07-2006, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

Rumor mill is growing louder concerning the import of the D-tracker to the US in '07...
god I hope so.

Ordering what I want will be sooo much easier.

BTW, where did you hear this rumor?

Old 09-07-2006, 05:52 PM

Might have something to do with Suzuki already having a supermoto model sitting on showroom floors? I stopped by a dealer outside B'ham last week - they had a DR-Z400 on the floor that ready to ride. Sure did make it think twice about it - as I stood there ticklin the big bird looking thing. If it was a Kawa ... a serious maybe, but I can't stand riding a yellow bike. I definitely could see buying an extra set of wheels for primary street use though.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

god I hope so.

Ordering what I want will be sooo much easier.

BTW, where did you hear this rumor?
Way down in this story is one place I've seen it: http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2007_Kawasaki.htm

Old 09-07-2006, 06:21 PM

The Zook was what I was origionally gonna buy but my main concern was that it was only a 4 speed. Then I found our little bike, took it for a test spin, found it was a 6 speed.

After that I was pretty much hooked.

Now if they bring the D-Tracker here, I want the wheels, fenders (different shape), signals (smaller), and kickstand (shorter because of the 17" wheels).

After that, some of the engine mods you guys have done and a few other things.

Quick Reply: Supermoto Rims off d-tracker