Super 331 combination

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Super 331 combination

Nice Post an Pics FTB .... Thanks

We got our little forum troll that has never been outta the country, or been anywhere for that matter..... post a ride report someday.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice hearing from you again, Justin.

Sounds like some moto-pro springs/valving might be in order to improving the bike's footing. I've heard good reviews.

Hows the speedo holding up?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Guys - thanks for compliments.

A special hats off to Tremor. My KLX speed/odo drive magnet (the japanese models are electronic digital, not mechanical odo's like the stateside models)shattered on me in Laos so I had no odo to judge distance between gas stops. Not fun when you are in the jungle. No replacements were available in the country so Tremor was nice enough to round one up for me in Japan. On my way back to the states I was able to pick the magnet up in Japan.

So as soon as I get back to thailand in a couple months I will once again have a functioning odo. Just goes to show the generosity of the forum, a huge thank you to Tremor. Dean if there is anything I can do for you while I'm stateside please do not hesitate to PM me, for anything.

My suspension issues are other than spring related. The KLX has already been resprung for my wieght. It was locking solid on the high speed dirt roads that are littered with 6" - 1 1/2 foot deep potholes every couple of feet. I adjusted damping front and rear from full soft to full hard and could not get any noticeable difference. It felt like the suspension was hydro locking. On single hits it was not a problem but on multiple high speed obstacles it was horrid. Normally these symptoms would have me reaching for the rebound adjuster to back off on the rebound thinking it was not rebounding quick enough and keeping the suspension collapsed. Hmmm, no rebound adjuster[:@]. So it was a punishing 180 KM's that day for my body.

Here is a picture of the type of road but this is in the wet. In the dry you're up at about 60 mph and the ground is rock hard.

I tried a friends DRZ and it handled the obstacles fine. So I am taking back with me some shock and forkoil and will be redoing my suspension in an attempt to tame the high speed hits. Never done valving before but I guess there is always a first time eh? Once again to clarify I had no problems on the lower speed bumps and the suspension was nice and plush everywhere else. I had a zip ty on the forks and confirmed I was not bottoming.

Oh well I guess I should not be bitching. After all I was riding in Southeast asia on motorcycles when I could of been stuck in a fox hole in Iraq like a lot of people.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]