Steering Stabilizer Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Steering Stabilizer Recommendation

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I know it's definitely fender mounted. There shouldn't be any interference issues regardless ofwhich tank you are using. Top mounted stabilizers are another story.
Correct. I run the Clarke tank, and the hardware for the WER damper doesn't come anywhere close to interfering.

We use aluminum spacers to set the fender down enough everything goes together. No extra holes needed with our installations, except for tapping the frame as shown, in the steering head area, to mount the Heim jointed arm. I've since converted the screws on all the 6 mm on the bike to stainless and the mounting screws for the stay bracket also. This is an old pic.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Tag!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Hello Bake,

I seethe stabilizerhas no problem clearingthe bottom of thataftermarket UFO headlight assy, but how about the stock headlight?

Thanks.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Got one! Great price. I'm going to do some measurements. Bill can make the bracket for around $25.00 Not bad, eh?

ORIGINAL: mrbones

I recently bought and installed a WER orginally made for a Yamaha R6. It takes a bit more work to install as you have to drill new fender holes, etc. But it works. I also had to raise the headlight assembly an inch and hack the bottom of the headlight plastic off. You'll have to do that no matter what. The dampening is adjustable so you can make it as stiff as you want. The manual does say that if you can feel it by simply turning the handlebars, its too stiff. My bike tracks better in the sand and the front end doesn't wobble at 75mph (82mph indicated WOT) on the street.

I also added a smaller UFO black fender while I was at it on the front. I just think it looks better.

Now, you might ask, why the heck go through all the work to modify one that was made for another bike? Well, they are on close out at denniskirk.com. They are only $132. You could even buy one there, and then buy the correct mounting brackets from WER and come out way ahead.