Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: SSSomebody sssstop me!

if i had a bike i could try......[>:]

Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Oh yea, I triple dog dare you to see how clean you can keep your bike.......yea I didn't think so.
deej, I quadruple dog dare ya not to keep your bike clean!

For an entire WEEK!

Old 11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah?!?? Well, I quadruple dog dare ya with spit to install a Big Gun, uh, I mean "ACME Widgets"* exhaust system (or any exhaust system for that matter!) WITHOUT starting another controversial "dead horse" argument! So there!!!

Respectfully,

Mike

* See EMS for details.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

ORIGINAL: deej

Oh yea, I triple dog dare you to see how clean you can keep your bike.......yea I didn't think so.
deej, I quadruple dog dare ya not to keep your bike clean!

For an entire WEEK!

Already done, I haven't washed my bike since I went riding with Tony and the guys a week and a half ago. So there.............

Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I refuse to post anything relating to exhausts. I swore off it after posting a picture in a related thread only to have at least three separate people jump on their soap box to tell me why it was no good and pat each other on the back for sticking to some set of unwritten exhaust system do and do nots. Apparantly you should like your system, but nobody else should and you should be able to get a top quality slip-on for $100.00. No more of that nonsense. [8D]

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Yeah?!?? Well, I quadruple dog dare ya with spit to install a Big Gun, uh, I mean "ACME Widgets"* exhaust system (or any exhaust system for that matter!) WITHOUT starting another controversial "dead horse" argument! So there!!!

Respectfully,

Mike

* See EMS for details.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Exhaust systems can stir up quite a controversy, just like oil brand/types and tires. Some people are decent enough to respect others opinions they don't necessarily agree with, but many others don't.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:39 PM

Hey, it's your bike. You can put anything on that you like to.

I'm kind of a tightwad, I like value in the products I buy. I can't see spending $50,000 for a Navigator when a $27,000 Expedition will do the same thing, just not as fancy, perhaps.

When it comes to "accessories" I'm always looking for the best bang for the $. Just because it doesn't look as pretty as someone else "XYZ" but performs at the same level and costs half as much, then I'm going to choose that.

Let's just say, I have "Dared to be Different" most of my life and don't see any reason to change now.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Right on!

My thoughts are similar as yours on buying a product based on it's quality and value over how 'pretty' it looks. Sometimes though, you just have to spoil yourself.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Both are equally skilled and built, but one gal has a honkin wart on the end of her nose with half of her teeth missing. Which would you rather look at the next day? Is it worth the 30% savings?

I realize that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm also looking for something that doesn't take up more space or rise-up any higher than the stock silencer because I have things tied to the back when I tour in the summertime. Having less to fuss with is worth it to me. I have since found something similar here in Japan that is little bit less money with an optional large bore header.

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Right on!

My thoughts are similar as yours on buying a product based on it's quality and value over how 'pretty' it looks. Sometimes though, you just have to spoil yourself.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

That's all I needed! Consider it done! Now if that bonus would just get here. The big boss from San Diego should be visiting our neck of the woods in early December. Hopefully he comes bearing 'gifts.'

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: tremor38
Gotcha! Now I have documentation that at least one of you are egging me on!
I dare you to put on a pumper carb