So, I E-Mailed Muzzys

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
People have different sized and shaped hands. I can't get the damn spark plug out unless I take the tank off..........seriously. Theres just no way I can move around in there. I don't think I could adjust a Kouba either. I want the "XRs Only" screw, its like the idle adjuster ****, only for the air screw.
It's a fuel crew. Sorry, I'm picky.
Sorry again about the 'jack'.

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 10-10-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Its ok, everybody deserves a little Jack every now and then...

I am VERY curious as to what the folks with the new Muzzys have to say, I'd love to hear some feedback. Its good to hear that it bolts up everywhere very easily and fits the plastics and whatnot so well. I'm sure with a new bracket for the plate and signals, tucking them in, you would be ok. Just think its kinda silly they would make it so close to the signal, I would think they would have run it long enough to see if the signal turns to goo.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

You can ghetto rig it by super gleuing a piece of aluminum foil to the bottom of the signal.
________
Pov ****

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

this all sounds ridiculous to me, for a new product to not fit the bike it was designed to fit. If I were you, I'd just buy the 300R Muzzy. It fits perfectly and does not exit with anything in its path ie. turn signals, etc. It also is the original canister which isn't big and gaudy. The bikes share the same frame, so fitment is no problem. The only questionable area is the passenger pegs where some 300R Muzzy's rub a bit. But a grinder takes care of that pretty quickly and unvisibly. Also, I guarantee the 300R pipe would make more power than the new 250S one which is basically designed as an on-road exhaust with it's huge can and baffling.

I've got some good pics of my '09 with a 300R Muzzy full and the Kouba fuel-screw but the new forum will not let me copy/paste pics anymore like the old forum would.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

As far as the flexable fuel screw goes, I have the R&D Flexjet for my FCR. They work great. It looks just like the one in the xr's only link. I will say though, the fuel screw from the FCR does not look like the one from the CVK. The xr only's must be making two different screws. The pilot jets from the FCR35 are the same as the stock CVK, just different sizes.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
I've got some good pics of my '09 with a 300R Muzzy full and the Kouba fuel-screw but the new forum will not let me copy/paste pics anymore like the old forum would.
Uhh, can you e-mail those to me?

USMCsilver @ truvista . net

Of course, take out the spaces. Sorry, but spammer-bots suck!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

give me some time and I will, leaving for the game right now.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
this all sounds ridiculous to me, for a new product to not fit the bike it was designed to fit. If I were you, I'd just buy the 300R Muzzy. It fits perfectly and does not exit with anything in its path ie. turn signals, etc. It also is the original canister which isn't big and gaudy. The bikes share the same frame, so fitment is no problem. The only questionable area is the passenger pegs where some 300R Muzzy's rub a bit. But a grinder takes care of that pretty quickly and unvisibly. Also, I guarantee the 300R pipe would make more power than the new 250S one which is basically designed as an on-road exhaust with it's huge can and baffling.

Just curious.... have you seen something else on what the internal baffling looks like and if it is different than the other muzzy? But i agree, i know for a fact that muzzy had complaints about how loud the old one was.... maybe thats the reason for increasing the size...

Old 10-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
It's a fuel crew. Sorry, I'm picky.
Sorry again about the 'jack'.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
Just curious.... have you seen something else on what the internal baffling looks like and if it is different than the other muzzy? But i agree, i know for a fact that muzzy had complaints about how loud the old one was.... maybe thats the reason for increasing the size...
no. the cans bigger meaning more baffling, meaning less flow, meaning more restriction, meaning less power. they evidently shot themselves in the foot trying to make it different and quieter by making it melt turn signals. some companies can't leave well enough alone. all the system needed was a tweak in the midpipe to clear the folded down footpeg.

Quick Reply: So, I E-Mailed Muzzys