So, I E-Mailed Muzzys

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Not a Muzzy but an 06 HMF on my 09....

Yup I melted my signal off in 2 minutes......But I love the shorter thinner look of the older pipe on the 09....Plus the aftermarket tail lights since I roasted the old one....Drilled holes just behind the brake light.......

Heres a pic from a couple months ago......She aint as pretty anymore...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...x/100B2240.jpg

Old 10-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

If this works, here's the link to my '09 with the 300R Muzzy and it's 'no melt canister'.

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1004975ot9.jpg

Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
If this works, here's the link to my '09 with the 300R Muzzy and it's 'no melt canister'.

Looks good.

What year model did you order the pipe for? Do you remember where you ordered it from and the price?

Lastly, I assume you heard the sound clip video. How does the 300 pipe/system compare? i.e. how loud is it? Not that I'm overly concerned. I kinda prefer a loud pipe on the road.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

no one has said that the tail light melts don't be such a drama queen

Old 10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCsilver
Looks good.

What year model did you order the pipe for? Do you remember where you ordered it from and the price?

Lastly, I assume you heard the sound clip video. How does the 300 pipe/system compare? i.e. how loud is it? Not that I'm overly concerned. I kinda prefer a loud pipe on the road.
I got the pipe used. the pics of it laid out uninstalled are the pics the seller sent me. I paid $100 for the whole thing. It has two small dents in the header pipe on the inside where it joins the midpipe, so you can't see them but they don't affect airflow. The pipe was for a KLX300R which shares the same frame as the KLX250S. It came with the quiet core as well but I removed it. It is pretty loud, but I'd say not overly loud- at idle it isn't loud at all. And it really isn't loud until you rev it to 7-8K rpms. The quiet core didn't really quiet it down much. When jetted right, it revs very quick and sounds tough. I did have to grind off some of my passenger footpeg because it would hit the midpipe when folded down, but again, you can't tell I did that either. It fits very well.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the pipe used. the pics of it laid out uninstalled are the pics the seller sent me. I paid $100 for the whole thing. It has two small dents in the header pipe on the inside where it joins the midpipe, so you can't see them but they don't affect airflow. The pipe was for a KLX300R which shares the same frame as the KLX250S. It came with the quiet core as well but I removed it. It is pretty loud, but I'd say not overly loud- at idle it isn't loud at all. And it really isn't loud until you rev it to 7-8K rpms. The quiet core didn't really quiet it down much. When jetted right, it revs very quick and sounds tough. I did have to grind off some of my passenger footpeg because it would hit the midpipe when folded down, but again, you can't tell I did that either. It fits very well.
Sweet, but what model year should I look for? Do all the late model ones fit?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Doesn't matter, any klx300 muzzy is the same and fits our 250 be it 06/07 or 09.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
no one has said that the tail light melts don't be such a drama queen
I didn't say the taillight melted; just echoing what someone else said of the new '09 Muzzy that it melted his turnsignal and he had to ghetto-rig some tinfoil on the backside of the signal to prevent it from melting.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

no. the cans bigger meaning more baffling, meaning less flow, meaning more restriction, meaning less power. they evidently shot themselves in the foot trying to make it different and quieter by making it melt turn signals. some companies can't leave well enough alone. all the system needed was a tweak in the midpipe to clear the folded down footpeg.
just because the can is bigger doesnt mean there is more baffling, it could have the same exact internals, and they just increased the outside diameter hoping the extra packing would soak up the db's. I think all they should have done was change the internals to make it quieter, it didnt have to double in size.... i like the old muzzy.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't thinkhe said it melted it, just that it was close and that it was a concern. He has not reported a melted turnsignal yet. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: So, I E-Mailed Muzzys