So i cracked a radiator shroud.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default So i cracked a radiator shroud.

Anyone know where to order radiator shrouds at? I laid my bike over climbing a hill i shouldnt have...[:@]

Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So i cracked a radiator shroud.

bikebandit.com

Old 03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Dirt beaver... damn 84 dollar lay over..... i'll stop climing now

Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I have yet to figure out why Kawasaki OEM plastics and other parts are so expensive. [:@] Doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I have yet to figure out why Kawasaki OEM plastics and other parts are so expensive. [:@] Doesn't make any sense to me.
Serioulsy...
I messed up one of my number plates bad last year and it cost me about $70 for a new one (it was the exhaust side and didn't think about it at the time that a klx300 aftermarket plate would have worked and been cheaper)! A complete set of all new, aftermarket black plastics for my CR was only 120 bucks! Doesn't make sense.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirt_beaver

Serioulsy...
I messed up one of my number plates bad last year and it cost me about $70 for a new one (it was the exhaust side and didn't think about it at the time that a klx300 aftermarket plate would have worked and been cheaper)! A complete set of all new, aftermarket black plastics for my CR was only 120 bucks! Doesn't make sense.
If you think those prices are bad try the price for BMW's. I broak my clutch lever and to get a factory replacement would have cost $90, ended up finding a lever through dennis kirk that only cost $5.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 AM
1st Gear Member

So ture. Nearly costed me an arm & leg to replace the chain guard & left hand cover. Lesson learned, don't brake the plastic parts. Break something else, it might be cheaper. [&:]

Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

MAIER needs to get thier butts in gear and make replacement plastics for our bike, now its even worse i think because there is only 2 model years that kawi made plastics the same... 06-07 then they are different for 09.... so its highly unlikely for a plastic company to make our plastics... sucks.....

Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 PM
eas
1st Gear Member

Don't forget, the decal/stickers will set you back another $75 or so. If the shroud's not in too many pieces, check out the Plastic Welding Kit from RockyMountainATVMC.com for $41.99. There's info on either this forum, ThumperTalk, or klxforum.suncup.net about how to use this welding tool on plastic.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

one member on here welded his headlight shourd back together.... do a search.... the member was cwgoff

Quick Reply: So i cracked a radiator shroud.