Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   So i cracked a radiator shroud. (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/so-i-cracked-radiator-shroud-20017/)

Flood_33 03-23-2008 09:57 PM

So i cracked a radiator shroud.

Anyone know where to order radiator shrouds at? I laid my bike over climbing a hill i shouldnt have...[:@]

dirt_beaver 03-23-2008 10:42 PM

RE: So i cracked a radiator shroud.

bikebandit.com

Flood_33 03-23-2008 10:58 PM

Thanks Dirt beaver... damn 84 dollar lay over..... i'll stop climing now :(

Nobrakes 03-24-2008 12:11 AM

I have yet to figure out why Kawasaki OEM plastics and other parts are so expensive. [:@] Doesn't make any sense to me.

dirt_beaver 03-24-2008 12:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I have yet to figure out why Kawasaki OEM plastics and other parts are so expensive. [:@] Doesn't make any sense to me.

Serioulsy...
I messed up one of my number plates bad last year and it cost me about $70 for a new one (it was the exhaust side and didn't think about it at the time that a klx300 aftermarket plate would have worked and been cheaper)! A complete set of all new, aftermarket black plastics for my CR was only 120 bucks! Doesn't make sense.

slvrblt 03-24-2008 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: dirt_beaver

Serioulsy...
I messed up one of my number plates bad last year and it cost me about $70 for a new one (it was the exhaust side and didn't think about it at the time that a klx300 aftermarket plate would have worked and been cheaper)! A complete set of all new, aftermarket black plastics for my CR was only 120 bucks! Doesn't make sense.
If you think those prices are bad try the price for BMW's. I broak my clutch lever and to get a factory replacement would have cost $90, ended up finding a lever through dennis kirk that only cost $5.

LearjetMinako 03-24-2008 01:59 AM

So ture. Nearly costed me an arm & leg to replace the chain guard & left hand cover. Lesson learned, don't brake the plastic parts. Break something else, it might be cheaper. [&:]

EMS_0525 03-24-2008 11:04 AM

MAIER needs to get thier butts in gear and make replacement plastics for our bike, now its even worse i think because there is only 2 model years that kawi made plastics the same... 06-07 then they are different for 09.... so its highly unlikely for a plastic company to make our plastics... sucks.....

eas 03-24-2008 02:12 PM

Don't forget, the decal/stickers will set you back another $75 or so. If the shroud's not in too many pieces, check out the Plastic Welding Kit from RockyMountainATVMC.com for $41.99. There's info on either this forum, ThumperTalk, or klxforum.suncup.net about how to use this welding tool on plastic.

EMS_0525 03-24-2008 02:18 PM

one member on here welded his headlight shourd back together.... do a search.... the member was cwgoff