Showing the HD's how it's done.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Showing the HD's how it's done.

Was at a red light at the grocery store, waiting for my left turn green, minding my business, when 3 shiny HD's with guys in t-shirts and no helmets pulled up to go straight. They looked at me and laughed, then they all revved the snot out of their overly loud and HP lacking pigs. I looked up to see a green left signal, dropped the hammer, shifted at 8000 rpm while leaned over halfway through the turn, and the rear wheel stepped out into a power slide! Which I kept, until I straightened up for the shift to 3rd.
I love this bike. She's running like a raped ape.
Road, gravel, two track, or singletrack, she's like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking (in a good way, the ticking that is).
As a side note, I've almost hit 6 turkeys since I hit the first one and broke my front fender. They have it in for me! Better than the moose having it out for me, I guess.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Watch "Don't Be a ***" on YouTube
Don't Be a ***:

Like these guys?

I'm not going to lie I do like the Sportster 48 damn it...

Old 07-22-2014, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I thought this was going to be a tale where you pulled away from a stoplight without producing an oil slick or losing any parts due to vibration...

Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't mind HD's, just can't abide the mine is better than yours because it's bigger and louder. Especially those that equate loud with power.
I was pulling in to fill up during Laconia Bike Week and I looked over at a full dresser to see it vibrating, shut my bike off and then finally heard it, now that was an eye opener.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
I don't mind HD's, just can't abide the mine is better than yours because it's bigger and louder. Especially those that equate loud with power.
I was pulling in to fill up during Laconia Bike Week and I looked over at a full dresser to see it vibrating, shut my bike off and then finally heard it, now that was an eye opener.
As with Harley's, Sportbikes, and sadly even dual sports (1200GS owners anyone?) snobs are everywhere

Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

From Scooters to Harley's, We are all enjoying being out there on 2 wheels and we should all show some common respect to each other.. but there will always be those die hard bias Harley guys that think they are above and better than everyone else, Its not as bad as it used to be but still exists unfortunately.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Funny.. I have a HD I don't rev the crap out of it at a light or any other time.. I do love it and enjoy the Cruz of it. With that said I like all bikes.. I do find myself riding the KLX more and getting out n bout all over the place on it.. Two different bikes and two different attitudes...

Old 07-22-2014, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdeuce
I have a HD I don't rev the crap out of it at a light or any other time.. I do love it and enjoy the Cruz of it.

And you haven't gotten kicked out of the clan yet?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by yzf125
From Scooters to Harley's, We are all enjoying being out there on 2 wheels and we should all show some common respect to each other.. but there will always be those die hard bias Harley guys that think they are above and better than everyone else, Its not as bad as it used to be but still exists unfortunately.
That's why I leave the dirt on the KLXs - show they're used where those kind won't go.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^ nope haven't been kicked out of the clan yet..
But I do like scaring little dogs and children.and setting off car Alarms.. Haha

Quick Reply: Showing the HD's how it's done.