Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Showing the HD's how it's done. (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/showing-hds-how-its-done-42217/)

MaximusPrime 07-22-2014 02:17 AM

Showing the HD's how it's done.

Was at a red light at the grocery store, waiting for my left turn green, minding my business, when 3 shiny HD's with guys in t-shirts and no helmets pulled up to go straight. They looked at me and laughed, then they all revved the snot out of their overly loud and HP lacking pigs. I looked up to see a green left signal, dropped the hammer, shifted at 8000 rpm while leaned over halfway through the turn, and the rear wheel stepped out into a power slide! :cool: Which I kept, until I straightened up for the shift to 3rd. :D
I love this bike. She's running like a raped ape.
Road, gravel, two track, or singletrack, she's like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking (in a good way, the ticking that is).
As a side note, I've almost hit 6 turkeys since I hit the first one and broke my front fender. They have it in for me! Better than the moose having it out for me, I guess.

NorCalKLX 07-22-2014 03:14 AM

Watch "Don't Be a Fag" on YouTube
Don't Be a Fag:

Like these guys?

I'm not going to lie I do like the Sportster 48 damn it...

wildcard 07-22-2014 03:24 AM

I thought this was going to be a tale where you pulled away from a stoplight without producing an oil slick or losing any parts due to vibration... :)

MaximusPrime 07-22-2014 11:32 AM

I don't mind HD's, just can't abide the mine is better than yours because it's bigger and louder. Especially those that equate loud with power.
I was pulling in to fill up during Laconia Bike Week and I looked over at a full dresser to see it vibrating, shut my bike off and then finally heard it, now that was an eye opener.

RockabillSlapMatt 07-22-2014 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 513001)
I don't mind HD's, just can't abide the mine is better than yours because it's bigger and louder. Especially those that equate loud with power.
I was pulling in to fill up during Laconia Bike Week and I looked over at a full dresser to see it vibrating, shut my bike off and then finally heard it, now that was an eye opener.

As with Harley's, Sportbikes, and sadly even dual sports (1200GS owners anyone?) snobs are everywhere :D

yzf125 07-22-2014 04:05 PM

From Scooters to Harley's, We are all enjoying being out there on 2 wheels and we should all show some common respect to each other.. but there will always be those die hard bias Harley guys that think they are above and better than everyone else, Its not as bad as it used to be but still exists unfortunately.

azdeuce 07-22-2014 05:22 PM

Funny.. I have a HD I don't rev the crap out of it at a light or any other time.. I do love it and enjoy the Cruz of it. With that said I like all bikes.. I do find myself riding the KLX more and getting out n bout all over the place on it.. Two different bikes and two different attitudes...

klx678 07-22-2014 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by azdeuce (Post 513019)
I have a HD I don't rev the crap out of it at a light or any other time.. I do love it and enjoy the Cruz of it.

And you haven't gotten kicked out of the clan yet? :confused:

:D

klx678 07-22-2014 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by yzf125 (Post 513009)
From Scooters to Harley's, We are all enjoying being out there on 2 wheels and we should all show some common respect to each other.. but there will always be those die hard bias Harley guys that think they are above and better than everyone else, Its not as bad as it used to be but still exists unfortunately.

That's why I leave the dirt on the KLXs - show they're used where those kind won't go. :cool:

azdeuce 07-22-2014 10:07 PM

^^^ nope haven't been kicked out of the clan yet..
But I do like scaring little dogs and children.and setting off car Alarms.. Haha