Sagent to have new wide seat for KLX this summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM
JAC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matasickle
Do you have any pics of it on your bike?
Also is that $159 for the foam and cover only?
Will post pics later tonight.

Yeah, $159 for foam and cover only. You use the stock seat pan. The foam they send fits it like a glove.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Anyone know how much the Sargent is going to cost..
If there is no difference between the corbin and sargent.. I might as well buy the sargent..

Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

i'm guessing the sargent seat will be around $350 but there is an introductory price, if you signed up, and depending on how much of a discount it will be i'll then decide between the sargent or seat concepts.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikey_13
i'm guessing the sargent seat will be around $350 but there is an introductory price, if you signed up, and depending on how much of a discount it will be i'll then decide between the sargent or seat concepts.
Yeah.. I hope this seat is cheaper!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I just pre-registered for the Sargent seat and want to see what the discount is and will probably go with it. Larger/wider seat pan is a big plus. And keeping the old seat doesn't hurt either I guess. Mostly I want a wider seat and pan to support wider and nicer foam, for MY wide seat.

The website indicates the seats will be available for:
Kawasaki 2006+ KLX250 S / 2009+ 250 SF

and website (updated May 2011) says they are still targeting late spring/early summer.....will call tomorrow and ask what the newest information is.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I was told that the discount is around $50 off.. which is pretty sweet..

Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I hope the new seat does not make the seat height taller, the bike is already about as tall as I can handle comfortably. Corbins usually lowers the seat height and Sargent seems to raise it...

Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Still waiting on the Sargent seat to be released, haven't got anyone of the phone yet.

I found some information out about Fisher seats, they have sent this information to me.....

Here is a photo of a 11" wide KLX300R. It is the same style of seat, only a bit taller and more narrow than the 250s stock seat. Once we reshape them though, they look similar to this, depending on the cover. The 250s has a fairly wide seat pan and tall sides so we can make this seat 11"+ wide. Also, if you're going to need a new cover, we do have a couple of these seats here to build off of if a complete seat interests you. They are $250+ depending on the mods you want.

If you send in your pan it will cost about $180.00+($40.00 for new cover if needed)to get it redone. 1 week turnaround time.

I still like the idea of the custom, wider seat pan from Sargent. What do you think the Sargent's overall width is going to be, can't find that out on-line. If it costs near the same (~$300 w/discount) than it would seem the Sargent is better. Any thoughts out there??

Attached Thumbnails Sagent to have new wide seat for KLX this summer-klx_300_r_seat2.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Quick update: Dane at Sargent says that they are looking at a release of the new seat in the first or second week of July. He said that date could be moved if they need to, and he has no information on the new width, only what is on the website. Gotta wait a month at least I guess.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MSU_Kawi
Quick update: Dane at Sargent says that they are looking at a release of the new seat in the first or second week of July. He said that date could be moved if they need to, and he has no information on the new width, only what is on the website. Gotta wait a month at least I guess.

Quick Reply: Sagent to have new wide seat for KLX this summer