ride report (moved from off road)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default ride report (moved from off road)

Hello I am the Newbie from West Virginia well anyways yesterday was day two for my klx250s. I took it to a place in the woods where there is a big beaver damn. Unfortunatly it started raining so i didnt make it there. Well i rode for about 35 miles and heres my story.

I got on the dirt and simply fell more in love with the little klx. I was in all kinds of terrain such as, large rocks,very large amount of loose gravel,regular wet dirt, and the only terrain that gave me problem was the Red Clay Mud. I had a really good time. I found the characteristics of the clay mud to be iffy. I dont think the bike likes it. I kinda like the clay mud but then agian i dont. I was playing in it and having fun. As far as being in a turn full of clay mud that kinda sucked..

The bike rode real nice over the large rocks, I was kinda worried about bending a wheel or busting a tire but i was being real cautious and the bike did wonderfull.

Now about mile 15 I came to some houses out in the woods. Not uncommon here. Well I beleive now that i need to buy me some pepper spray. I Ran into an incodent that scared the **** out of me. I was cruising along in about 4th gear not that fast at all. I cought this shadow on my left side. As i turned to look it was a pit bull lunging at me and grabbed my arm and about knocked me and the bike over. I was shocked and not to worried about the bike at this point. Luckily for me I kicked the dog and slammed the gas and got away. My only worries was after this was all over and I was continuing my ride, I thought to myself, If that dog would have knocked me over i would have been pinned under the bike with a pit bull attacking me, so that gots me worried!!!

Anyway I made it to a spot i used to go when i was younger, when the family used to go 4-wheelin. I got off my bike ate a sandwich smoked a cigerette and i was in awwww. Just me the bike and the beutiful country, it was like i was in a whole new zone. Tottally new feeling for me but i loved it. So why i was there i took some pics. (cuase i still didnt have pics of the bike yet) After about 30 minutes of total relaxation. i hopped back on and continued, thats when the storm came lol. I was like **** and just turned around, went through a narrow path that i knew would take me back to the hardtop. The bike is real awsome on the narrow trails, and i had a pair of boots on this time and that alone made a hudge differance in riding.(shoes just dont cut it for me) I know its not the best story but i still wanted to share it with you guys and hopefully ill post these pics up right. ENJOY!!

J-Rock!Name:  bike7-1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  15.1 KBName:  jrock007.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  60.1 KBName:  jrock012.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  44.0 KBi
these are just some old coal mining roads. And as soon as the weather brakes ill take pics of the beaver damn on top of this mountian. I think you guys will love it.