Replacing '09 Stock Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Replacing '09 Stock Bars

My GPS mount is part of a two piece kit, one came with the GPS and the other I had to buy, I think it was $10.00 or less. Its also a quick release, but I always slip knot the lanyard (that's the string thingy for those of you that didn't know) [8D][8D]around the bar and mirror in case the mount fails.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and I don't want to go to the bike shop and see the 09 red KLX, because that wouldn't be fair to the one I have. That's like watching a Victoria Secret fashion show and comparing it to you wife. Its just not fair.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Oh and I don't want to go to the bike shop and see the 09 red KLX, because that wouldn't be fair to the one I have. That's like watching a Victoria Secret fashion show and comparing it to you wife. Its just not fair.[8D][8D][8D]
I'm flattered...............I think.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Had my bars thrown in as a sweetner when I got the bike new, along with numerous other parts. Take them for all you can get.
Oh, ABTW, the Renthal bars aren't like other bars. They use a patented alloy not available to anyone else.
In the end, you get what you pay for. Or in my case, not pay for.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I was actually just going to use an old shower curtain rod, cut it off, give it a good bend, create a cross bar with duct tape and go. Beat that mr. fancy Renthal bars....

Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

ORIGINAL: deej

I'm flattered...............I think.
Actually I meant wives in general LOL

Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

Had my bars thrown in as a sweetner when I got the bike new, along with numerous other parts. Take them for all you can get.
Oh, ABTW, the Renthal bars aren't like other bars. They use a patented alloy not available to anyone else.
In the end, you get what you pay for. Or in my case, not pay for.
Look,I'm not saying the renthals aren't worth their price. Just thatyou do pay for the namesomewhat. The Tusk bars are probably just as strong for half the price. But for me, I don't have any reason to replace the stockers right now. Sure, if I could have a pair of renthals I'd bolt them on. But I don't need them right now and I'm sure not going to replace a pair of perfectly good bars just in case.
If Tusk paid Windham more money than renthal does to run their bars, he'd have them on his bike.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok I'll chime in.....I got the Alum Moose Raptor bend bars, they raise the bars about as much as you can without new cables and such......been real happy with them for the last 1.5 years or so.

PS the Moose bark busters fit those bars perfect.

On a side note ...... Iowa is that you in your avatar? I can see why you don't need bar risers...eat some Wheaties. lol

Old 05-13-2008, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Anyone have front brake cable issues when using raised bar and hand gaurds. My Rally Pros blocked that plastic strip from going up and upon my first hard front brake caused some interesting collisions (plastic tube kinked and plastic 0 ring blew out. Im not too worried as i bent the o-ring guides to align better, but its still not perfectly smooth (eventually will wear the break line).

Does anyone know where i could get some plastic sheathed metal brake lines? I wish Dual-Star had a KLX catalog that compared to the KLR!

On a totally unrelated note, tonight i removed the "man purse" from the back and mounted a longer gortex bicycle rack bag. It looks good and provides lots of space. Upon looking at the mounting brackets, it looks perfect for a rack, or mounting a hard tail box as the holes go into the frame, Anyone try anything with this (its on the 2009)?

Cheers!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Ok I'll chime in.....I got the Alum Moose Raptor bend bars, they raise the bars about as much as you can without new cables and such......been real happy with them for the last 1.5 years or so.

PS the Moose bark busters fit those bars perfect.

On a side note ...... Iowa is that you in your avatar? I can see why you don't need bar risers...eat some Wheaties. lol
why so I can be some overweight, egotistical babe winkelman wannabe fisherman like you that can hardly move his **** around on a bike? no thanks.

ps. ever seen most fast motorcycle racers? rarely are they over my height and weight. you wanna belarger and lopside your boat or have to buy aftermarket springs for every bike? fine with me, I'll choose the well put together package of lighter weight, more strength and awesome balance without being "too" short. oh, I eat cheerios. wheaties just builds egos as you've just proven.lol

Hey I think I was insulted in you post...... Trust me if I look like you instead of me I would. [&:] I need to lose enough weight so that when I brush my teeth my stomach doesn't juggle. Then its just maintenance from then on out.

Quick Reply: Replacing '09 Stock Bars