Replacing '09 Stock Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Replacing '09 Stock Bars

maybe the 09's have plastic tanks..... or its flat black......

Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

My ProTaper's don't vibrate as much as the stock bars.

+1 on rideabiity [:@]

Old 05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

The tank is steel, just flat black.

Have fun with your bend-o-moatic pretzel bars IG, but Im sure you will have no issues where you ride

Old 05-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmmm my stock ones have held up for 7300 miles on all kinds of riding areas. But then again I'm good and don't treat my bike like its expendable.[8D][8D][8D]Ok I'm not that good. And no just because you don't drop your bike it doesn't mean you aren't riding hard enough. It means that I care about keeping it nice for years to come. I'm not into spending money and then trashing stuff. So until that day comes, the stock bars are just fine, although I do wish they were taller.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I ride mine like a rented muel...That being said I dont bag on it, and i meticulously maintain and repair the bike, but, i figure its designed to pound off jumps and slam through bogs, so im going to get my moneys worth

I hear you though, its so new and shiny now, i hurts every time ihigh centeror hearmud splash up the fenders!!

Nice GPS Deej, i cant see your mount, but the RAM kit with the short bar is awsome, nottoo expensive and really good quality. I wanted to the Touratec, butI cant have a mount worth more then the GPS!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and for those that requested, im just a hair under 6' , so yes the bars could be a bit higher, but the clutch and throttle cables wouldnt like that. Ive been riding off road with low bars for years so im use to being a little hunched over.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Hmmmm my stock ones have held up for 7300 miles on all kinds of riding areas. But then again I'm good and don't treat my bike like its expendable.[8D][8D][8D]Ok I'm not that good. And no just because you don't drop your bike it doesn't mean you aren't riding hard enough. It means that I care about keeping it nice for years to come. I'm not into spending money and then trashing stuff. So until that day comes, the stock bars are just fine, although I do wish they were taller.
LOL, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the "bendoamatic kawa bars", whatever that means.
Deej, as 'know all about the new '09 KLXer' stated, the new bike has a flat black paint on the tank along with the triple tree and other fork fasteners. It looks good next to the silver and red of the bike. Another reason I got a red one as it just doesn't flow as well on the green imo. The red/silver/black all look good together and the black seat just ices the cake. Maybe you should take a roadie to look at a new '09 in RED.

btw, some were pm'ing me wondering what I was referring to as far as the Tusk handlebars. Same thing as Renthals for a fraction of the price. While the Renthal/pro-tapers are nice, they're basically a name you pay for. I'm talking the basic aluminum handlebars they make, not the thick walls. Those are strong but some say too strong as they'll bend forks and fork components instead of the bars.
Here is a link:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do

Old 05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I see some mis-information in this thread...
I can bend the stock bars just by looking at em. They seem like 50% lead.

Seriously though, you could bend em by letting the bike fall over on it's side-stand...

However, my aluminum renthals have been put through the ringer and are still straight as the day I bought em.
Multiple over-the-bar get offs and run-ins with trees, all good.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I think i tweaked my stock bars just a little bit, but i never had any hard get offs.... the moose ones are holding up good so far, and it has been down many times....

Name:  handlebars004.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  44.1 KB

Old 05-12-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's my 2 cents: If you want to mount handgaurds, or have raised bars its worth replaceing the stock bars. If you dont plan on mounting hand gaurds, are happy with the height, and dont plan on doing any heavy off roading, the stockers are fine.

At the end of the day, its a $70 part ($50 if you go with non-Rentals), so its pretty good bang for the buck.

Quick Reply: Replacing '09 Stock Bars