Rear Fender Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Question Rear Fender Options

Does anyone know if the rear fender from a 2006 will bolt onto the 2009?

I would like to install the Acerbis rear tail light to get all that junk out from underneath the fender.

To get a setup like this.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

option 1

remove the metal plate holder...cut everything off leaving only enough fender to bolt on the license plate...

option 2

buy a fender eliminator for a 2009+

Kawasaki KLX250S & SF DRC Edge2 Red LED Tail Light w Bracket / Fender Eliminator on eBay!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

The goal is to get all of that on top of the fender. Either one of the options leave it exposed to getting smashed in an off road wheelie when you go off the back of the bike. For me, usually happens on a really steep up hill climb with a lip at the top.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

A little off topic. I was in the shop I used to work at yesterday and walked by a new KLX250. Something I hadn't payed much attention to before was that whopping taillight and how it seems to stick out in what appears to be a hazardous location. I mean, it just seems to stick out far enough to be easily broken in many of the more common crashes...especially rocks. I don't think I've seen this mentioned, so maybe it's a non-issue. Still, I can tell from the marks on my '06 model back there at the luggage rack and fender that I think I would have killed a few of those lenses. And honest!...I don't crash "that" much.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

in that case...remove the two-piece rear plastic and rear fender...get this New Custom Motorcycle LED Brake Tail Light with Turn Signals Blinkers Integrated | eBay , get a kxf250 rear fender, trim it to fit to fit the lines of the side rear fender and saddle, and mount it...if you want the tail and lights to sit even deeper..you'll need to cut the two rear frame tubes....

it should look like this in the end

Name:  IMG_2827.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  42.3 KB

if you want to try it...i have a partially trimmed rear kxf250 fender and a brand new rear tail light with integrated blinkers (as pictured in ebay link)...you can have it all for $40...after i found out integrated tail lights were illegal in california..i didn't use it...and went back to my stock fender...this when i had the fender on my bike...

Originally Posted by tjrockit
The goal is to get all of that on top of the fender. Either one of the options leave it exposed to getting smashed in an off road wheelie when you go off the back of the bike. For me, usually happens on a really steep up hill climb with a lip at the top.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Down here in so cal , I see crotch rocket bikes with the integrated turn signals coupled up within the brake light. The laws on the books require a certain distance between the turn signals. That is why I never went with the tiny baja designs led turn signals that I bought.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Around here the turn signals have to be 6" from the tail light/headlight.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666

if you want to try it...i have a partially trimmed rear kxf250 fender and a brand new rear tail light with integrated blinkers (as pictured in ebay link)...you can have it all for $40...after i found out integrated tail lights were illegal in california..i didn't use it...and went back to my stock fender...this when i had the fender on my bike...
Thank you for the offer. Let me think about it. Is the fender black or green?

A few of the guys I ride with have a similar setup and they often are zip tying the plate back on after a get off. That's why I'm trying to get it on top of the fender.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I've heard of people photo copying the license plate and using that so they won't lose the original.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:31 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
I've heard of people photo copying the license plate and using that so they won't lose the original.
I'd be interested to see if you can find a state whose law would allow that. Curious.

Quick Reply: Rear Fender Options