Quick ride report

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Quick ride report

Nice report Deej, hope the wife is OK.

I got out just a little yesterday and I was only out a little bit, but now my bike is covered with mud. Ok, it was muddy before I went riding, but now it's got a fresh coat. No pics, sorry. I was really just out warming it up so I could then change the oil which I did. And then I worked on giving it a bit of a facelift - put back on the stock instrument cluster and my key lock. With spring coming up I figure I'll be riding more and leaving in the parking lot. It's weird having a key, now - I got so used to just flicking that switch.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I've got 4200 on mine, and its holding up great. Hey when my wife dumped her bike, because of the Acerbis hand guards not only did it keep the lever from being bent or broke, but it hardly even put a scratch on it. Well worth the investment.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

That makes meglad to be in Japan. For the rest of you, better not ****-off Deej!

Nice report! Me thinks you need to find a company that makes a good moss tire[8D]. The brings back memories of vacations we use to take in the Olympic National Forest. Good stuff, thanks. OBTW, those log truck drivers are some crazy *****, aren't they. Good call on taking the side road

ORIGINAL: deej

Oh went to sight the pistol in today, the first time i have really got to shoot it more than 6 times. Ran about 80 rounds through it. 3 inch group on the 25 yard, and the 50, and when I tried the 100 I actually got 6 into a 5 inch circle, not bad at all, especially since I don't have any experience shooting. I'm ready for an elk or a deer now.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

That makes meglad to be in Japan. For the rest of you, better not ****-off Deej!

Nice report! Me thinks you need to find a company that makes a good moss tire[8D]. The brings back memories of vacations we use to take in the Olympic National Forest. Good stuff, thanks. OBTW, those log truck drivers are some crazy *****, aren't they. Good call on taking the side road

Oh went to sight the pistol in today, the first time i have really got to shoot it more than 6 times. Ran about 80 rounds through it. 3 inch group on the 25 yard, and the 50, and when I tried the 100 I actually got 6 into a 5 inch circle, not bad at all, especially since I don't have any experience shooting. I'm ready for an elk or a deer now.
Olympic National Forest? As in Washington?....As in the Olympic Peninsula? Have you been here before? DO you know where Forks is? I live 15 miles from the one of the only temperate rain forests in the united states, over 200 inches of rain there. We get on average 120 to 140 inches a year. One hour North East in Sequim they get an average of 15-20 inches a year. That's why its filling up with Californians. I hope the rain out here keeps them at bay, but who knows.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:23 PM

Nice ride report and pics Deej. The weather looks much better over there than it is here. I have done a little riding in the snow but it's just too cold to be comfortable.

I've been bittin by the ice fishing bug. Been out every day for almost two weeks. The ice is thick enough to drive on (Silver Lake). Anyone up for a ride on the ice?

Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

The ice could be 10 ft thick and I still would not be on it I know I'm a chicken, but that's just the way it is.[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 01-30-2007, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Olympic National Forest? As in Washington?....As in the Olympic Peninsula? Have you been here before? DO you know where Forks is? I live 15 miles from the one of the only temperate rain forests in the united states, over 200 inches of rain there. We get on average 120 to 140 inches a year. One hour North East in Sequim they get an average of 15-20 inches a year. That's why its filling up with Californians. I hope the rain out here keeps them at bay, but who knows.
Yup, I was born in Renton and grew-up(relative term)in Federalway.I still have immediate family in Burlington, Seattle, Puyallup and Spokane.
We took a couple of family vacations in the Olympics. I don't remember Forks, though we probably passed through. Yeah, the rain forests are crazy. I remember staying in the tent for days-on-end during one trip.Some campground called Milli Peters, Mini Peterson or somethinglike that,but it was over 30 years ago. Beautiful country up there.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep Minnie Peterson Camp Ground, I actually worked for her son when I was 14-18 driving farm equipment here in town. Small world.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

You should get something bigger for deer or elk, especially elk. Try moving up to a rifle?oh yeah, don't ride with it loaded to sneak up on animals if you don't have your concealed weapons permit. I got arrested for that and I am still paying for it.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, the "oh my god what happened look" in your wifes face was awesome deej.
I miss my 44 mag for bore hunting.
Looks like everyone had a good time though.

Quick Reply: Quick ride report