Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Quick ride report (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/quick-ride-report-9357/)

deej 01-28-2007 11:44 PM

Quick ride report

7 Attachment(s)
Quick in two ways, I have to head to the gun range and play with my new toy the Ruger 44 Magnum Super Redhawk, and second it was a short 2 hour ride. We decided to head to some logging roads we haven't been on before at least not in the last 20 years. While we waited for our other riding partners, another couple with the XT225 and the TW 200, and trust me they are the slowest people EVER!!!!. We finally got going around 2:00 in the afternoon. Headed to a road with active log trucks, so we had to be careful until we could get to a side road. And then as we looked at the mud puddles we could tell we were alone, unless someone came in from the other end. So here are a few pics.

The Posse
Attachment 32818

My wife after she dumped the bike, I think she had fun, but the look on her face tells a different story.:D
Attachment 32819

Attachment 32820

Attachment 32821

Here is a friend of mine getting the bike back up to the better road. These roads have a moss that can be 4 inches thick, and can slide out from under you in a split second. I would have gone down to help, but then who would have taken the picture? :D

Attachment 32822

Attachment 32823

All in all it was a good afternoon ride, 25 degrees in the morning and 50 in the afternoon, completely blue sky, it just made you want to get out and ride.

Well I'm off to the range to see what this bad boy can do. Going to see if the quick release scope can be removed and re-installed and still keep its sight in.

Attachment 32824

EMS_0525 01-29-2007 01:23 AM

RE: Quick ride report

Looks like fun deej!!!!

mmatz 01-29-2007 01:32 AM

Yea Deej, looks like you had a lot of fun. We are melting with only 2' of snow at this point. Due for a ride! Real soon.

KAWASAKIspeed 01-29-2007 03:35 AM

yeah same here still snow every where. it is nutz and we are probably getting more all week. [:@]nice ride report deej :D

DirtSurfer 01-29-2007 04:04 AM

Cool Deej, hope the wife is ok.. its usually the next day or two that you feel a fall... (Thank God for Advil!!)

Looks like you had some fun. What is that one bike your friend's wife was riding, that tire looks incredibly WIDE...

Good luck with your elephant pistol, hope it works out ok...(and glad WE'RE friends....)

Cheers....

EvildoerZX10R 01-29-2007 04:17 AM

Great post! I love to see other people's ride reports. We went on a ride this weekend and had a blast. My wife went down twice as well as my daughter this past weekend. My wife thought she was ready to move up to a two diamond trail (rated 1-5 atHighland Park where we ride) After getting them out of a rut several times I thought we would never make it through the trail but we did and everyone is alright but a little bruised.

DirtSurfer 01-29-2007 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

Great post! I love to see other people's ride reports. We went on a ride this weekend and had a blast. My wife went down twice as well as my daughter this past weekend. My wife thought she was ready to move up to a two diamond trail (rated 1-5 atHighland Park where we ride) After getting them out of a rut several times I thought we would never make it through the trail but we did and everyone is alright but a little bruised.
Evildoer,

Nice park:

http://www.highlandparkresort.com/

I just looked it up after you mentioned it. I think thats really cool that the trails are rated so folks know what they are attempting... especially for younger riders / families...

Very cool!!

deej 01-29-2007 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

Cool Deej, hope the wife is ok.. its usually the next day or two that you feel a fall... (Thank God for Advil!!)

Looks like you had some fun. What is that one bike your friend's wife was riding, that tire looks incredibly WIDE...

Good luck with your elephant pistol, hope it works out ok...(and glad WE'RE friends....)

Cheers....

That's a 2004 Yamaha TW 200, and its a blast to ride, because of the wide tires, it is supreme on the gravel, and speaking of the 200, it belongs to the dad of my friend, and it hasn't been started in a month, and it starts in, and I'm not exaggerating, 1.5 seconds. The bike is so close to the Yamaha XT225 as far as the engine goes, but its the only bike out of the 4 that will start right up even though the gas isn't drained. I have been puzzled about this one. I think the carb is different, and the choke is on the carb like our bike. Not sure why but it starts every time in all condition no matter how long it sits.:eek:

deej 01-29-2007 04:35 AM

Oh went to sight the pistol in today, the first time i have really got to shoot it more than 6 times. Ran about 80 rounds through it. 3 inch group on the 25 yard, and the 50, and when I tried the 100 I actually got 6 into a 5 inch circle, not bad at all, especially since I don't have any experience shooting. I'm ready for an elk or a deer now.

incabiker 01-29-2007 04:40 AM

Damn Deej, good to see that your still tearing up the road. I've been out for a while but I'm ready to go again. I have been riding that VTX 1300 all over the south east, but I'm Jonesing to ride some Dirt again, now that I see your pics I can't wait. I have ordered a new clutch handle since mine snapped in half in the accident. I also cracked my ribs and messed up all other various parts of my body, but they have healed and I'm ready to go!! I'm staying off the damned powerlines though, those damn roads are tuff as hell. One moment your going straight up a hill that if you stop on you will go rolling all the way back down. The next moment you are going down the steepest damn hill you have ever seen, and if you stop then again, you will have a long way to tumble.

Who do you plan on assasinating Deej, thats one mean looking pistol. I bet you could shoot me over here in Georgia with that thing;)

How many miles do you have on the KLX now, how is it holding up? I have 2000 on mine, but its been sitting for quite a while.