question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default question

Its funny, I have always liked small forum atmosphere, where as long as your not being mean or rude, in such a small group, conversations can drift. I have never joined a forum that was so big it had to be moderated to death, and stale.......

Do you guys feel that thread drift is really bad form?

Old 09-25-2017, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes

Old 09-25-2017, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

It may be bad form, but then again a cannon ball is bad form in diving. Does it really matter? Only to the purist or in competition. Otherwise it's kind of fun to dare to be different.

In most forum threads it's discussion and sometimes the topic can drift. Kind of like life... Go with the flow and there's a lot less stress.

Last edited by klx678; 09-25-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I detest thread drift. It causes bloated threads with off topic junk that has to be weeded through when researching. Sometimes "off topic information" is really important info, and it becomes buried deep within a non-descriptive thread title - which makes the info basically unreachable ..

I understand types that have a need to post whatever pops into their heads - or to ramble on and on with opinion or personal anecdotes, but there are specific threads for such nonsense..

Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe the Mods should create a black hole thread to move off topic posts but that would give them more to do. A suggested thread title comes to mind: Junk, in the trunk...place for orphan off topic posts to reside.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I admit at times I'm guilty... but really don't care. It seldom happens unless someone asks or it dovetails with the topic... like rear fenders to street trackers.

Last edited by klx678; 09-25-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

snappster,
Your suggestion is quite funny given that I'm aware of one 'active' mod around here in klx250 land, and his activity is popping in once every month or so to say morning to us losers! Sup Deej?

We are surprisingly well behaved around here for not having active caretakers. And thus without surprise, threads drift around. Sure, it may be better if they didn't, but that's just too sterile. There have been a few bannings over the years, but nearly all are spammers, except for the muffer king from Iowa years ago.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member

This is a nice, pleasurable forum compared to the masses of morons in the Indian forum I "do"... (I added three brand new Indians to the "fleet" recently.)

There is really only one "KLX678" in here - and, really, this forum is better due to his membership and participation - we are lucky to have him..

But imagine about 100 of 'em, with 75 I.Q.'s, on a forum feeding off each other in many threads..lol

2 years ago a member found that a certain bolt-on air cleaner/induction system creates massive HP/TRQ gains on the Thunderstroke 111. The information was "buried" in a thread with an "improper" title - the partial dyno chart posted had been "derided" and criticized by armchair dyno "experts". So the information and mod combo was "lost" to the forum. Well, I found that thread (through a google search on 111 dyno charts) and "got to work"... long story short, the mod combo and verified resulting data are no longer lost.. Stage 1(bolt on) power levels that exceed the "normal stage 2 combo" power levels !

Sorry, had a KLX678 moment..lol, nutin but love fo ya Mark..

Last edited by Klxster; 09-27-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

One time, a little boy was driving down a country road, with his father. At a point he asked, why are all the signs full of bullet holes? After some thought, the old man replied, sometimes people get sick of being told what to do.

How many people are active at any given time on this forum? what about the rest of this board? shouldn't "chit chat" really be somewhere else?.... but if it was, no one would have seen it, right?

When I signed up it was because I could tell that you guys all "knew" each other to some degree.

I just enjoy an atmosphere that is layed back. I don't feel like I'm writing for the oxford english dictionary when I ask a question in real life, and that roles over to my online usage as well......

Old 09-26-2017, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

What was the question again

Quick Reply: question