Problem with throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 04:45 AM
Lightbulb Problem with throttle response

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and couldn't find a related threat to my issue. If someone has already tackled this problem, apologies in advance, please sent the link and I'll have a look through there.

My Kawasaki KLX 2010 started making some weird clanking noises so me and my buddy suspected it to be the cam chain tensioner.

After removing the old Cam chain tensioner and finding it had a piece missing, I assumed the worst, that it is somewhere inside the engine causing chaos.

So we pulled the whole bike and engine apart to check for damage and I figured while we have it apart might as well do a full service. Including installing

1. Krieger Cam Chain Tensioner

2. FMF Q4 Slip on with Megabomb header

3. Hi-Flow air filter

4. Hi-Flow Oil Filter

5. Iridium Spark Plugs

6. Chain, Sprockets, Grips etc. non engine related

Unfortunately I live on a small island in Thailand and delivery for the parts took several months, meanwhile the engine was covered but not sealed sitting in the humid conditions.

After recleaning everything and installing the new parts, it was time to start the engine but unfortunately it has trouble running.

I uploaded a video of the start up. For the bike to run you have to open the throttle when pressing the e starter, it idles a few moments but as soon as you open the throttle a second time it dies.

I suspected it might be a bad fuel mixture, so took the EFI apart and cleaned the jet but without any success.

Here is a link to my Google Drive Folder with a pic of the broken Cam Chain Tensioner and 3 videos of the bike start up

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gu?usp=sharing

I appreciate any help or advice in advance.

Cheers,

Lukas

Old 05-13-2022, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

What does it mean you "cleaned the jet without success"? Did you clean it or not? Did you gap your plugs? Sounds like a fuel issue, I run a carb, so can't help you there.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:38 PM

Sorry, that was a bad explanation on my part.
I cleaned the EFI but it did not fix the issue.

We did try 2 different spark plugs (both Iridium).

I also think it might be a problem with fuel or air delivery but not sure how to tackle the problem.

Thanks.