pipe size & k&n part #

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Default pipe size & k&n part #

dose any one have the head pipe o\d size of muzzy vs. big gun vs. stock . And also would a k&n take the place of the backfire screen and what is the part # for the k&n

Old 06-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Default RE: pipe size & k&n part #

thanks Iowaguy where did you order bg from

Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 AM

good thing I only asked for some specs
hay guys im only geting about 95 miles before i hit reserve is normal

Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: blacktail

good thing I only asked for some specs
hay guys im only geting about 95 miles before i hit reserve is normal
yup, thats sounds about right. usually around 90 is when I have to hit reserve too.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 AM

Remember, neither of these exhausts were "engineered" for this bike. They aren't KLX250S systems. They are KLX300 systems. The fact that the Big Gun doesn't hit the buddy peg is more than likely mere coincindence. Does anyone know if the Muzzy hits the peg on the 300? I would also venture to say that neither system is any better than the other. The Muzzy could be considered a "work of art" just as much as the BG. I wouldn't think of the BG as the Mona Lisa, and the Muzzy being the picture of those dogs playing poker.[sm=smiley14.gif] I really wanted an FMF or Pro Circuit, but the cost of those systems was way out of my range. Had my wallet been fatter, I probably would have bought one of them. I ended up buying the Muzzy, and to be quite honest, it is probably just as good of an exhaust as the FMF or Pro Circuit. I only wanted those brands because of past use. Incabiker got an awesome deal on a White Bro's, which he loves. Other people use KLX300 systems. If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad..Ok, I admit it, I stole that one from Cheryl Crow.. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]To each their own I always say. Sorry Iowaguy, but I have to [sm=icon_cheers.gif]Nobrakes on this one.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I forget who linked to it in what post but there was a link to an exhaust test on klxplanet where they tested a bunch of pipes on the 300 and of them all the Big Gun did provide the biggest seat of the pants power gain, but per the testers comments it was also the loudest. The next best was like an fmf with a stalker headpipe or something but it was much quieter. Sorry to go OT just thought I'd add this bit.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blacktail

dose any one have the head pipe o\d size of muzzy vs. big gun vs. stock . And also would a k&n take the place of the backfire screen and what is the part # for the k&n
I have no idea blacktail. I'm sure someone here will have an answer.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:06 AM

I mostlikely will go with muzzy or hmf because I like to get to my tree stand without scaring all the deer away! Still would like to someone to measure their muzzy head pipe? k&n #?

Old 06-07-2006, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: konacoiler

Does anyone know if the Muzzy hits the peg on the 300? I would also venture to say that neither system is any better than the other.
Nope, the 300 doesn't have rear footpegs. If you see one with them, they are aftermarket. The fact that the Big Gun clears the pegs is just coincidence.

Quick Reply: pipe size & k&n part #