Pilot Mountain Hare Scramble - Helmet Cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Great footage. Looked like a heap of fun with a bit of "O F#%K" thrown in as well.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
Sweet video man, inspires me to do more and ride more! Looked a bit like slow and steady wins the race... or at least passes a lot of crashes! Hope that dude on the hill was okay.
Well, slow and steady describes me pretty well. Trust me, if I could go faster, safely, and keep it there for the full 1.5 hours in that heat and humidity, I would.

The fella on the stretcher posted up a few days later and said he was OK, nothing broken. Good to hear. That was a pretty scary section. You can hear me tell the official at the top that once I got started down, I wasn't sure if I could stop. I think that section extracted quite a toll in bikes and riders that weekend. The rescuers are real professionals to be able to get into those nasty parts like that and stretcher someone out. My hat is off to them.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice smooth course. I hope you've cleaned your air filter after that smoke bomb dust course. Early on the dust seemed pretty bad, but it looked like it settled down mid way through the video. Good stuff.

Mike

Old 06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Well, slow and steady describes me pretty well. Trust me, if I could go faster, safely, and keep it there for the full 1.5 hours in that heat and humidity, I would.

The fella on the stretcher posted up a few days later and said he was OK, nothing broken. Good to hear. That was a pretty scary section. You can hear me tell the official at the top that once I got started down, I wasn't sure if I could stop. I think that section extracted quite a toll in bikes and riders that weekend. The rescuers are real professionals to be able to get into those nasty parts like that and stretcher someone out. My hat is off to them.
I should clarify that by "slow and steady" I mean... way faster than I normally ride ... and not as slam into the guy next to me ambitious as the guys that tore off in front of you out of the gate. It just seemed like you picked a healthy pace that worked well for you and kept you passing people the whole time... I'm pretty sure at that pace I would have tuckered out in a lap and taken a breather

Old 06-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

There will likely be a blue fender in the next vid, as opposed to orange. Look what followed me home today. What can I say, I'm a sucker for strays.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Brian,

I had to come out of the darkness for this post. It has been a long time since I posted.... That is one sweet looking bike! You have gone from Green to orange and then to blue, whats next yellow?

Your videos are always entertaining to watch.

Unfortunately I still dont have another bike. I am about to lose my job again....

The good news is I have paid off my truck in the last 6mo!!!

Steve

Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks Steve! I fell in love with these when they came out. I had to forego a lot of lattes to save up enough, lol, (figuratively, I don't drink that crap) but finally have one sitting in the garage. Of course, my beloved KTM 450 EXC has to go, the CFO says the budget won't support both. The KTM still runs superbly, still tight and strong, great throttle response, and all round fantastic bike by any measure. Whoever ends up getting it is getting a super nice bike.

If there's any interest here, just PM me, and I'll let you know the specifics. I don't have an ad up yet or anything, might be a week or so before I go over it and get it posted. I was waiting to make sure I had everything covered on the 'Berg before starting that process on the KTM.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Steve - I know you were looking for a while before you found your last employment. I guess the economy is still sucking pretty hard. So much for all that stimulus bull****. They're just lining the pockets of campaign supporters and calling it "saving jobs," and meanwhile spending us deeper and deeper into debt. What a crock. Good luck, and I hope things take an uptick for you soon. Getting your truck paid off was smart, though! Anything you can do to get rid of debt like that is a good move. Congrats on that!