Pics of my oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 07:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pics of my oil leak - Resolved Hopefully

O.K, went for a 15minute ride, came back and Whoo Hooo, No Oil leak insight.

Cheers

Chris.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 11-23-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Just reading through and glad to read you got your ride back...congrats! Hope your dealership used you well and continues to do so.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pics of my oil leak

Congrats on the succesfull repair and quick turnaround. Enjoy owning the sweetest Bike around.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Truckman
to remove the CS seal without major surgery is simple but you must be cautious.I use a small bit adapter that will fit a small size sheet metal screw and i will screw that into the seal.then i will screw a piece of threaded rode into the screw end.the put a small piece of stock over the rod and put a nut and washer on the other end.then one quick yank it pops the seal right out.I have to use this trick on small shaft diameter power take offs on trucks and tractors.you guys may read this as greek but it is really simple and saves ALOT of time and hassle.
The fastest way to remove hassle is the fact that the bike is brand spanking new and I would have it back at the dealer in 2 seconds flat...because if oil is coming out then dirt can be going in.[>:]

Can you please post a picture of what it is your talking about with the "metal screw into the seal"? I am having the same exact problem that is being discussed.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member

not sure they would still have pictures......it was 6 yrs ago.
what are you riding--- 07? Newer? do you do your own repairs?
there is a bunch of us here on the boards that can help.....let us know where to start

Last edited by wedge; 11-04-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by wedge
not sure they would still have pictures......it was 6 yrs ago.
what are you riding--- 07? Newer? do you do your own repairs?
there is a bunch of us here on the boards that can help.....let us know where to start
2006 klx250, leaking oil at front sprocket. The leak is coming from an o ring, it only leaks when running. Not sure what it means by a "collar". I can push on the o ring very slightly and oil comes out. So do I need pull the gear shaft out to change it. Also, not sure about using the metal screw to change it.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

There are 3 potential leak areas around the front sprocket-the countershaft seal behind the sprocket, the shift shaft seal behind the gear shift and behind the neutral switch. Exactly where is the oil coming from? If it is the countershaft seal then the old thread is talkjing about using a sheetmetal screw to act as a 'handle' to pull the old seal out.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by GBAUTO
There are 3 potential leak areas around the front sprocket-the countershaft seal behind the sprocket, the shift shaft seal behind the gear shift and behind the neutral switch. Exactly where is the oil coming from? If it is the countershaft seal then the old thread is talkjing about using a sheetmetal screw to act as a 'handle' to pull the old seal out.

The best I can tell is it's leaking at the bottom of the o ring that you see as soon as you take off the front sprocket.
I have pictures but can't post them.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Bike bandit has them for about 3 dollars, no idea what the "stealer" would want.
I always buy the item first, it gives me a better idea how to remove the item for the first time without too much destruction.

Quick Reply: Pics of my oil leak