PCV valve mod, removed air piping. misc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default PCV valve mod, removed air piping. misc.

Hey guys just wanted to update, I havent heard anything about the PCV valve mod in awhile, so all you newbies.... So i took my crankcase breather tube off and cut it and put a pcv vavle in it. Got it back on the bike, i also finally removed the smog air piping, the small vacuum line from the carb actually had a hole in it..[&:]... got that all plugged. I also adjusted my needle clip to the second position, it was on the third position. I have 125 main, 40 pilot, N1TC needle, air screw ~2.5 turns out, uni air filter, kdx200 snorkel. Now this thing is running good. Its alot better than before so before i had all that stuff already but the needle was on the third position, now its on the second, and i put the pcv valve in, and took off the air piping. Now i thinkits running how it should, moving the clip and adding the pcv valve madeenough of difference you can feel it, nothing crazy. It also rev's a bitfaster... which i expected... Just thaught id let ya guys know what i thaught of those mods.... They are ok... I dont think anything you do unless its drastic, like bigger cc's or pumper, your going to notice a huge difference..... but its enough that i can feel it.So im happy, i took a quick ride yesterday to the gas station,it was 36 degrees so im good to go now...[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Default RE: PCV valve mod, removed air piping. misc.

Eric,I've seen a couple of different part numbers recommended for the PCV. Do you have access to the part number for the one you used?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats the funny part.... i tried using marty's part # but it wasnt coming up as a real part.... so i went to my old work, pennzoil, and i knew that they had a whole rack of pcv valves so i just went through them to find one that fit in the tube, i have no idea what part# it is or what it fits... sorry bud. Go to the parts store and ask if you can go look through thier pcv valves, they might let you.... an actual parts store would be better like napa or carquest, not pepboys or advance auto.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

wait..... you guys are lucky i have a good memory.... the pcv valve i used is off of a dodge intrepid, v6. i used this one because both ends fit in the tube.
http://performance.thepartsbin.com/b...p;brandid=3253

Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Hehe! Well I would hope it runs better. You had a vacuum leak going-on. Any difference in the ticking noise after fixing that?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

na, it hasnt changed any noises from the motor... still ticks pretty good....

Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Cool!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Nice, I just did the nobrakes crankcase vent, I didnt do the PerCiVal mod. I also removed that smog stuff and my jetting is close to yours. My HMF is suppose to be delivered this friday...I cant wait.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

www.autoshop101.com/forms/h63.pdf I looked on this web site, and they state the operation of the pcv is regulated by manifold vacuum not crankcase pressure. If that is so, I wonder how much vacuum is generated in the air box of our bikes. I'm not sure the spring pressure in a pcv for a v-6 would work in a klx. I'm probably just missing something, whats your thought?

Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

From what i understand, there isnt a spring inthe pcv valve... it lets air out but not in... so thepiston pushes air out on the way down but on the way up it wont let it suck air back in... so then its easier for it to come back down.... the pcv works off of gravity, has to be mounted vertically. you got to remember that we are using a pcv valve where it shouldnt be used.. they are usualy used on the top of the motor.... we are just using it as a check valve... and another thing i thaught of is that if you get water in the air box it wont go right down the crankcase vent tube to the crank case, the valve should stop water from gettin into there.

Quick Reply: PCV valve mod, removed air piping. misc.