Parts parts and... um, parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Highbeam
DJ tells you which kit belongs on your model year bike. That's how you select the proper kit. Follow the directions.
Yes I do understand that, fortunately the klx300 jetkit works fine for the 09+ models as well. Thanks for your input.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Highbeam
DJ tells you which kit belongs on your model year bike. That's how you select the proper kit. Follow the directions.
Us '06 and '07 owners didn't have a KLX250 kit and used the KLX300 kit with fine results. Now there's a KLX250 kit, and I think it lists '09+ bikes. Some of us suggest if you're ever going to big-bore, go with the KLX300 kit. And '09+ owners have had fine results with it in the stock 250.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Us '06 and '07 owners didn't have a KLX250 kit and used the KLX300 kit with fine results. Now there's a KLX250 kit, and I think it lists '09+ bikes. Some of us suggest if you're ever going to big-bore, go with the KLX300 kit. And '09+ owners have had fine results with it in the stock 250.
Thanks IDRIDR, I do plan on going with a 351 within 2013 sometime. I was hoping to hold off on a bunch of mods for a bit... but that idea has gone out the door quickly

Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pauls2ndblessing
Thanks IDRIDR, I do plan on going with a 351 within 2013 sometime. I was hoping to hold off on a bunch of mods for a bit... but that idea has gone out the door quickly

Do it while it is still available. BillB was going to retire last year, I believe, but those plans were delayed. The 351 may not be around forever, but of course there are other smaller big bores out there. Cheers.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Do it while it is still available. BillB was going to retire last year, I believe, but those plans were delayed. The 351 may not be around forever, but of course there are other smaller big bores out there. Cheers.
Good info to have there, I didn't realize that, thanks again for always having the answers that I need!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

You're welcome, but always use with caution. Sometimes free advise is worth the price paid .

As ZW said recently (paraphrasing): Lot's of good advise from people who know nothing.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

If bill is really retiring and no ones picking up the crown then that means Ima have to drop some of my signing bonus money on the 351 in July. ... O darn. :-P

Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LikesToThump
If bill is really retiring and no ones picking up the crown then that means Ima have to drop some of my signing bonus money on the 351 in July. ... O darn. :-P
I agree, I've been thinking about this ever since I read IDRIDR's post a few hours ago, I may have to just bite the bullet and buy one soon... only issues is I don't know when I'd get around to doing it which means I'd probably have to eat the core price too

I may just have to take my chances and wait till the summer to see if I have the time and money to do it.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I was thinking the same thing about the core price :-/

If I buy this thing in July when I get the cash... there is nooooo way I'm going to find time for a teardown, sooo busy in the summer months I am.

Idk... IDRIDR said we most likely have some time, maybe I'll email Bill to get a rough figure.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Have you looked on ebay for an airbox?

I got a light switch there from a bike that was being parted out.
Well I just got an email RockyMountain and the airbox will be 1-11-13 before it's put in the mail to them...

I went the ebay route and should have one next week, thanks again for the advice on ebay!

Originally Posted by LikesToThump
I was thinking the same thing about the core price :-/

If I buy this thing in July when I get the cash... there is nooooo way I'm going to find time for a teardown, sooo busy in the summer months I am.

Idk... IDRIDR said we most likely have some time, maybe I'll email Bill to get a rough figure.

If you do talk to him, let me know what he says, I get a bonus in a few weeks and I'm planning on using the money for some other things but if he says that retirement is soon, I'll reconsider :P