Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Parts parts and... um, parts (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/parts-parts-um-parts-39374/)

Pauls2ndblessing 12-11-2012 05:36 PM

Parts parts and... um, parts

Ordered:

KLX300 Dynojet kit
KDX200 snorkel
FMF megabomb
headcover gasket (I have some weeping halfmoons)

Also ordered but on backorder through Kawasaki:
Stock airbox since the current is a little melted
Stock radiator shroud..

Why would these parts be on backorder? Tried RockyMountain, BikeBandit, and kawasakiparts... I even called RonAyers?

Guy at Ron said it could take a day... or 6 months for them to fill the stock :(

Free mods, oil change, valve check, and parts installment will happen as soon as all the parts that are in stock come in.

I think I'll have a nice little setup once complete, then it'll be gold valves in the forks and a pro suspension adjustment!

Can't wait!

Paul

TNC 12-11-2012 05:52 PM

My guess on the airbox backorder is that quite a few may have been melted by aftermarket exhausts that were more than likely improperly installed, poor jetting producing excess heat, and maybe even running the wrong spring and preload setup on some models that can cause the shock collar to chew through the airbox.

On the radiator shrouds, I'd say crashes are the likely cause for that one.

Pauls2ndblessing 12-11-2012 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by TNC (Post 486540)
My guess on the airbox backorder is that quite a few may have been melted by aftermarket exhausts that were more than likely improperly installed, poor jetting producing excess heat, and maybe even running the wrong spring and preload setup on some models that can cause the shock collar to chew through the airbox.

On the radiator shrouds, I'd say crashes are the likely cause for that one.

Yeah I was thinking that with the shroud but I didn't think "that" many people were having the airbox melting issues... Oh well, money is spent, now just the wait!

ol'klx-er 12-11-2012 07:17 PM

Have you looked on ebay for an airbox?

I got a light switch there from a bike that was being parted out.

Pauls2ndblessing 12-11-2012 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er (Post 486549)
Have you looked on ebay for an airbox?

I got a light switch there from a bike that was being parted out.

Good call, I'll have a look to see what I can find!

**Edit** There is one up there, its got 14 days left on it so I'll give the new one a few more days to see if it'll go in stock, if not, I'll probably pick this one up.

Pauls2ndblessing 12-11-2012 09:10 PM

So after going through a few threads, did I order the wrong jet kit????

I read people using the DJ2206 for the KLX250s bike but now I'm seeing MOST 09's use the 2152!

It just freaking shipped too :( I'm pretty sure I'm fine but now I'm paranoid, anyone have success with the 09+klx250s with the dj2206?

LikesToThump 12-11-2012 09:26 PM

Don't you just drill the slide with the dj2206 vs a softer spring install on the dj2152?

... I drilled and put in softer spring with my dj2152 ... No idea if it made a difference lol.

Pauls2ndblessing 12-11-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by LikesToThump (Post 486555)
Don't you just drill the slide with the dj2206 vs a softer spring install on the dj2152?

... I drilled and put in softer spring with my dj2152 ... No idea if it made a difference lol.

haha I'm not sure what difference will make to be hones!

I just found this thread and it makes me feel a little better, the needle is tapered differently and you drill instead of spring. I think I'll be okay, thanks for your reply :)

250sf09 12-11-2012 10:32 PM

what's the difference between DJ 2152 and DJ 2182? I was looking to get the DJ 2182

Highbeam 12-11-2012 10:52 PM

DJ tells you which kit belongs on your model year bike. That's how you select the proper kit. Follow the directions.