Part number for the air/fuel mixture screw

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Part number for the air/fuel mixture screw

Im just suprised that nobody makes one of these little jewels. You can buy them for the Drz400 and the Suzuki Dr series. Sure would be a good opportunity for some machinist type to make and sell them. I bet they would sell a ton of them. Since I'm not a welder I dont know how hard it would be to add a knurled **** to it. JB weld would probably work but would it Hold. I havent decided weather I'm going to try and mod one yet or not. Id I do I will post my results. take care....

LV

Old 09-16-2006, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

i would say the trick would be to weld a **** onto the back of a screwdriver bit then attach the bit to the screw with the jb weld. Don't bother with JB Kwik as it is considerably weaker than regular or its just more critical to getting the mixture right as it hasn't held for me. The regular stuff on the other hand I find to be very strong and should be fine so long as you don't get carried away when you bottom out the screw to count back up # of turns

Old 09-16-2006, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok, final question. How far up into the tube does the end of the A/F screw sit. Would a 1 inch rod length clear the tube, or does it need to be shorter / longer? I think there is some other motor component not far underneath the tube right so your working with limited space.

The only problem I see with this is if the adjusting rod breaks off at the screw head your Fu*ked big time. Imagine trying to remove / adjust the A/F mixure screw with JB or Weld material all over the top of it. Not a pretty site. Of course if you have the carb dialed in already it probably wouldnt matter much. Will See.

LV

Old 09-16-2006, 03:49 AM

Folks i have purchased one of the motion pro adjustment screwdrivers and it still doesent fit , starters still in the way however it really isnt hard to adjust if you just loosen the carb a bit and turn it . going to keep the tool though, as its a good conversation piece