Odometer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
but if hes buddist, might he just do this to him self anyways?
Thanks for linking that pic...now I want ribs for dinner

Old 04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm thinkin ya'll take this a little too serious

But if it really bothers ya, screen scrape his post, get an ip, and trace it. Then report to the local Barney Fife..very easy to do....just sayin.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
I'm thinkin ya'll take this a little too serious

But if it really bothers ya, screen scrape his post, get an ip, and trace it. Then report to the local Barney Fife..very easy to do....just sayin.
Wha?????

Old 04-12-2010, 05:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  silence_i_kill_you_.png
Views: 214
Size:  98.6 KB

Old 04-12-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Please, you guys take these little bikes way to serious there just cheap throw away toys there not life. These toys are fully depreceiated by the fourth year and are only worth 13 or 14 hundred bucks if they show 5 or 25 thousand miles. If you want to buy a worn out used one it's buyer beware but if I were to ever buy a used one it's the overall condition not the miles that would sway my decision.
But I'm 38 and like most older members here am financialy secure and could care less if I get a $100 or $200 more or less for this bike when I sell it. If this thing needs any serious money put in it I will just sign off the title and push it to the road.
It's too bad so many forums go this way a member posts a unpopular question and others berate them because it doesn't fit in with there lifestyle or there beliefs. This is where moderators should step in and do there job.

I'll probably ride this bike until some manufacturer comes out with a 450 version or it's junk could care less either way. Cousin Larry almost swayed me into a 351 kit but I just can't see spending $600 on a bike that's only worth $1400 so I'll just wait until one of the four makes a street legal one. And buy it new.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I know where some of the people (me included) are coming from when they comment on the illegal and unethical action of turning back an odometer. I don't think there is any valid reason to do this.
I think however that some of the comments wishing death upon you are completely inappropriate and over the top and I agree with you that moderators should step in on a thread like this one to screen both the initial content and some of the subsequent comments. For what it's worth.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

personally, i could give a shat less if he changes it, not my bike, not my problem. not like i would even really look at the miles on the bike if i bought it, it would be for overall condition not cus its got only 5k miles.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Beardoge
Please, you guys take these little bikes way to serious there just cheap throw away toys there not life. These toys are fully depreceiated by the fourth year and are only worth 13 or 14 hundred bucks if they show 5 or 25 thousand miles. If you want to buy a worn out used one it's buyer beware but if I were to ever buy a used one it's the overall condition not the miles that would sway my decision.
But I'm 38 and like most older members here am financialy secure and could care less if I get a $100 or $200 more or less for this bike when I sell it. If this thing needs any serious money put in it I will just sign off the title and push it to the road.
It's too bad so many forums go this way a member posts a unpopular question and others berate them because it doesn't fit in with there lifestyle or there beliefs. This is where moderators should step in and do there job.

I'll probably ride this bike until some manufacturer comes out with a 450 version or it's junk could care less either way. Cousin Larry almost swayed me into a 351 kit but I just can't see spending $600 on a bike that's only worth $1400 so I'll just wait until one of the four makes a street legal one. And buy it new.
Let me sum it up.

**** off and die of cancer.

Don't worry...I already put up ads in craigslist in avoca about your scam

Old 04-12-2010, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^
certified e-thug

Old 04-13-2010, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Beardoge
Please, you guys take these little bikes way to serious there just cheap throw away toys there not life.
My bike aint no toy, it cost me too much to be a toy. And winding back your speedo is both unethical and illegal with any luck someone will catch you out and you will be fined.

Quick Reply: Odometer