New member,New bike!! 2009 klx250s

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New member,New bike!! 2009 klx250s

Hello!!! new guy to the dual sport world,and my purchase choice decision was a new left over 09 klx250s! Ive put 280 miles on her so far,and my mods are:

FMF Powercore 4 pipe
FMF power bomb header
stage 2 jet kit
uni air filter
SF mirrors
eliminated fender

what an unbelievable difference compared to stock! i dont even feel let down on the klx when I ride her after the zx6r

Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

OK. NOW you need to drop it a few times on each side to "break it in". Oh, might want to put some radiator guards on it first, and, have some new mirrors ready to go. Otherwise, it looks a heck of a lot like mine! Have fun!

Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome! nice looking bike!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Awesome! Welcome to the forums. Now get that lawn mowed. LOL

Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like the SF mirrors would be better for commuter riding than stock. Is that true? If so, I'm gonna get a couple!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kansas-klx
Looks like the SF mirrors would be better for commuter riding than stock. Is that true? If so, I'm gonna get a couple!
they are better for daily commuting IMO. I asked the dealer if they would put them on off of an SF they had there and they did! Personally I think they look better than the S model mirrors too

Old 06-17-2011, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Awesome! Welcome to the forums. Now get that lawn mowed. LOL
Hey, his lawn looks better than mine!

Next thing you should do if you're larger than like 175 pounds is to respring the suspension front and rear to your weight and riding style. Then get the tires that best work for your riding needs.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Feral Donkey
Hey, his lawn looks better than mine!

Next thing you should do if you're larger than like 175 pounds is to respring the suspension front and rear to your weight and riding style. Then get the tires that best work for your riding needs.
im 208 lbs,and was curious about this myself...does it matter if I ride street,or off road more often,or is it just relative to my size/weight? Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I wont argue about re-springing the bike, but for a guy that weighs 240 I learned to ride the bike like it is. I have no dobt that getting heavier springs in the bike will help in a lot of situation, but like I said before I'm not jumbing the bike and have never bottomed out and it corners like a dream. So I'll save my money for.....wait I dont have any money to begin with.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subasaki
im 208 lbs,and was curious about this myself...does it matter if I ride street,or off road more often,or is it just relative to my size/weight? Thanks
It's mostly your weight, but also how and where you ride. Kind of similar to loading your car to capacity with full sized adults and a trunk full of luggage. You'll notice the difference anywhere you're working the suspension, dirt or street. The bike is sprung for somewhere around a 150# rider. I resprung and noticed a big difference. It was good.

But the forks were still beating me up in series of bumps. Revalved the forks and now they soak up the bumps. Now its great.

If you're bottoming out or if it just feels way too soft, time to spring up.

Quick Reply: New member,New bike!! 2009 klx250s