New here with a KLX250SF

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tattooedblue
I am going to order the jet kit today, and possibly the slip on as well.
***WARNING***
Once you start down that road it will never end, its a sickness. Its a fun road though.....

Old 02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok... Bit the bullet, just ordered the Jet kit, Q4, and a new tail light to clean up the tail with... All should be here Wed

Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I installed my Powercore 4 first, and ran it that way with the airbox stock. this was the single best performance mod I have done. I then got a uni filter and a dynojet kit #2152, and the bike did run better over all but I could tell very little difference in actual performance. I later added the powerbomb header and it did add some to the bike it was more noticable form a pure performance stand point than the AC and jet kit. I don't know if it added any to the over all horse power numbers but it gave the bike more pop right off idle where it was lacking especially with the CV (non pumper carb).

Old 02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I can't remember if I was looking at the power or the mega either, lol.
Did you do the pipe and silencer at the same time, or did you do one before the other?
If you did them at different times, could you tell the difference with the bomb?

I am going to order the jet kit today, and possibly the slip on as well.
I ran my silencer first cause the header was on back order. Ran it that way for a few months. Yea I noticed a diff with the silencer and then when I installed the header. Had better throttle response it seemed and had more low end. No matter what you do, you will notice a power diff. These things are bottled up so tight that pretty much anything you do to it you will notice a diff.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again guys.

I am thinking of maybe I should have ordered a 1 down sprocket for the front too, but I guess I will fit the new parts when they arrive and then reevaluate

Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice Bike.
Welcome

Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again guys.

I am thinking of maybe I should have ordered a 1 down sprocket for the front too, but I guess I will fit the new parts when they arrive and then reevaluate
Yes, this is an inexpensive mod frequently done. I change my front sprockets regularly between 13, 14 & 15 depending on where I'm riding.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Yes, this is an inexpensive mod frequently done. I change my front sprockets regularly between 13, 14 & 15 depending on where I'm riding.
Def an easy "power adder" to do to your bike. Can easily be done in the field. I go between 14 and 15 fronts. I need to try a 13 next. I do a lot of highway and dont like to rev it super high. Maybe when I go to colorado this yr I will bring all my sprockets and try them.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleednGreen68
Def an easy "power adder" to do to your bike. Can easily be done in the field. I go between 14 and 15 fronts. I need to try a 13 next. I do a lot of highway and dont like to rev it super high. Maybe when I go to colorado this yr I will bring all my sprockets and try them.
I ran 13-45 all over Colorado for two weeks last summer.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I ran 13-45 all over Colorado for two weeks last summer.
I think that would be a great combo for me. Did you ever drive the mountain streets and highways with that sprocket combo? Most of the high mountain roads are like 55mph? Its been a few yrs since I been up there.

Quick Reply: New here with a KLX250SF