Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   New here with a KLX250SF (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/new-here-klx250sf-37206/)

tattooedblue 02-02-2012 12:08 PM

New here with a KLX250SF

5 Attachment(s)
I have always wanted one one of these and have been trying to talk myself out of getting one of these for the past couple weeks..

I wanted to just LOOK at one in person, so called the local dealer, who apparently is no longer a dealer for anyone and only does preowned.. So I looked online and found the nearest dealer was Jacksonville, so just for giggles I called them.. They had an 09 left over, 0 miles for over 1500 less than retail, and that was the out the door price, tax, tags, doc fees, etc, all included.. (was mid 3k range) Well that pushed me over the edge. I went and picked it up that night.. lol.

It is a fun little bike, light as hell, and handles great.. Going to take a bit to get used to riding with a dirtbike height and seating position and leaning on the street, but I only had it one day so far.. it is down on power but it is a fun little bike.

At lunch yesterday I removed the rubber peg covers and I cut part of the rear fender off, moved and flipped the plate bracket to clean up the rear a bit, but I will order a new light and remove a lot more of the tail

Attachment 13427

Attachment 13428

here is the plan for the tail

Attachment 13429

temp tail cut for now till I get a new light

Attachment 13430

and of course the 0 miles photo before leaving the dealer

Attachment 13431

EMS_0525 02-02-2012 12:16 PM

NICE!!! Welcome. Rejet it, exhaust, she will run alot better.

tattooedblue 02-02-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by EMS_0525 (Post 462489)
NICE!!! Welcome. Rejet it, exhaust, she will run alot better.

Thank you

Are the power bombs, and such worth it, or just a slip on?

I already looked into a DynoJet kit for it, and will order that,
i was going to look at slip ons next, I want something that has a bit more sound, and a lot more flow, but don't want it horribly loud right now.. It would just be making a lot of noise and not going anywhere. but right now it sounds like I am riding a sewing machine, lol.

EMS_0525 02-02-2012 12:59 PM

I have heard great things about the powerbombs... I cant speak for them on this bike, I have a full big gun exhaust. I will say the full exhaust helps alot, by the "seat of the pants" test, huge difference. Opening up the intake, rejetting, and exhaust will help a ton. If money is an issue a slip on will still be a huge gain over the stock muffler.

NDKLX'd 02-02-2012 01:03 PM

Nice bike!
I have an 09s model and I put a slip-on FMF Q4 on it. Not too loud, but definitely gives it a better rumble and plenty of air flow. As far as I know it is the quitest aftermarket pipe available. Definitely need to rejet and use an aftermarket air filter with either a kdx snorkel or open air box lid. Not sure if the header does a whole lot since I didn't get one. Opinions vary on that one. Good luck and enjoy!

akarob 02-02-2012 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you'll benefit from a header more if you put more aggressive cams in it. You'll certainly be able to benefit from a slip on and a jet kit though. The stock silencer is, by far, the biggest restriction.

Congrats on the new bike, I have the same one. I also bought mine as a leftover, I financed and had them add the accessories into the loan.

I was on a dualsport ride with some guys and we stopped to play in this sandpit for a while. They were all impressed that I was able to out ride most of them with the street tires.

Attachment 35827

Malves 02-02-2012 04:01 PM

Welcome!

EMS_0525 02-02-2012 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by akarob (Post 462497)
I think you'll benefit from a header more if you put more aggressive cams in it. You'll certainly be able to benefit from a slip on and a jet kit though. The stock silencer is, by far, the biggest restriction.

Congrats on the new bike, I have the same one. I also bought mine as a leftover, I financed and had them add the accessories into the loan.

I was on a dualsport ride with some guys and we stopped to play in this sandpit for a while. They were all impressed that I was able to out ride most of them with the street tires.

https://i.imgur.com/u1bsK.jpg

Is that the guy from Gold Rush on the KLR? :D
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/gold-rus...t-the-show.jpg

BleednGreen68 02-02-2012 11:13 PM

Congrats on the new Green (black) machine! You will love it. Yea you will notice some power and notice weight loss when puttin on the FMF silencer. I have the Mega bomb header I think. I get the power bomb and mega bomb confused. And the Q4 silencer. It sounds awesome with it.

tattooedblue 02-03-2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by BleednGreen68 (Post 462558)
Congrats on the new Green (black) machine! You will love it. Yea you will notice some power and notice weight loss when puttin on the FMF silencer. I have the Mega bomb header I think. I get the power bomb and mega bomb confused. And the Q4 silencer. It sounds awesome with it.

I can't remember if I was looking at the power or the mega either, lol.
Did you do the pipe and silencer at the same time, or did you do one before the other?
If you did them at different times, could you tell the difference with the bomb?

I am going to order the jet kit today, and possibly the slip on as well. :D