New Clarke tank!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Clarke tank!

man I'm so not getting the clarke tank, it seems like WAY to many leak, and I will be heart broken if mine did the same. I'll just patch up my stocker and call it a day.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kgwld1

That's just how my 1st black tank looked! It didn't leak until About a month later. The natural colored one didn't have that hole around the fitting and has never leaked. Do your self a favor and just return it before putting has in it.

Kevin
Oops. Looks like we missed each other by about two hours. I held off putting the tank in to see if anyone would recognize the flaw in the plastic and say pretty much exactly what you said.

Well, it's totally dumping rain today, I got bored and just finished putting the tank in. I put about 1/2 gallon of gas in it, and am planning to let it sit for a couple of days. If it doesn't leak then I'll check it again periodically. It sure would be nice to be able to just put the dang thing on there and have some peace of mind. Now I'm going to be wondering when will it start weeping. This is not how I imagined life with my new $184 Clarke gas tank.

The instruction sheet that came with the tank states that all tanks are leak tested at the factory, but that the tank should be checked for leaks after install. If it ends up leaking from the plastic, which is out of my control, I'm going to be questioning the "leak tested at the factory" statement.

Hmmm, oh well, life goes on one way or another. I still have the stock tank, and I'm going to be keeping it just in case.

[&o]Dave H.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

At least your stocker doesnt have a hole in it[:@]

Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

At least your stocker doesnt have a hole in it[:@]
True Dat!

Actually, I was thinking about you as I was taking all the screws out of the tanks and shrouds. I was careful to keep track of which screws go where, thanks to your inspiring story. (seriously, that one of the things that make forums so great, we can learn from each other's mistakes)

Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I have had the clark tank for months now and no problem at all. Great addition to the klx.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

There have been no reported leaks with the 'natural' colored tank. All of the reported leaks have been from the black tank. I think a few people are over-reacting here.

Stop all yourfreaking about the leaking

Old 11-19-2007, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

There have been no reported leaks with the 'natural' colored tank. All of the reported leaks have been from the black tank. I think a few people are over-reacting here.

Stop all your freaking about the leaking
Good advice, bro. I'll take it to heart. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2007, 04:12 AM

what about the GREEN ones they offer?!?! I've read this entire thread and it seems to sum it as, 'black ones leak - naturals dont.' - not one mention of a green tank or did I miss it?

I ordered a green one last week ... so now ya'll have me wondering.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 AM
1st Gear Member

My black tank isn't leaking! It's been 8 hours now... so far, so good!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry, I have no data on the green ones. I think it's good that Clarke replaces the bad ones right away, but I don't like how they are shying away from dicussing the leakswith anyone. They are very quick to answer questions regarding prices, capacity, colors, etc, but when you ask about the leaks, they don't answer...period! It's probably ignorance on my part, becuase they probablydon't want to admit it for fear of a lawsuit later-on if somebody's ride catches on fire.

AllI want is an assurance that if I buy a black tank they will heat the fittings for me, but they refuse to even go near the subject...oh well. [:@]

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

what about the GREEN ones they offer?!?! I've read this entire thread and it seems to sum it as, 'black ones leak - naturals dont.' - not one mention of a green tank or did I miss it?

I ordered a green one last week ... so now ya'll have me wondering.

Quick Reply: New Clarke tank!