New bike looking for a back rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile New bike looking for a back rack

OK, tomorrow I pick up a slightly used 09 KLX250FS. Its a cool bike and a BLAST to drive. I am looking for a windshield and some kind of a back rack or even "sissy bar". Girlfriend may want to ride, but probably not, she likes the BMW.

For the windshield, I need some protection with out killing the bike. I have always worn a 3/4 helmet width a visor on it, no face shield. With the bike the way it is right now, I can use a full face or put a shield on my 3/4 helmet which I did for the test drive.

I was thinking something just wide enough to get the bulk of the air over my head and some of those hand guards. I live in northern new york and its getting cold here, so I need to do something right away.

Back to the bike. What a blast I had on it. I took it for the initial drive thinking this is a dog. It was not fast and had no *****. It did corner nice and passed MY test of weaving in out of the dotted lines at 60 like nothing, it even did it at 65 mph.

It had old gas in it the first test drive and didn't start well, but the next day I took it out again with fresh gas and what a difference. I took my 18 year old son on it with no problems going 60.

On the second test, I go it up to seventy something and decided it could be fast enough for me and would suit my purpose. I am wondering how much a windshield will slow it down.

Thanks for the help.
David

Old 09-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Default Turbo City Windshield

I have the Turbo City Windshield mounted on my KLX250SF and it's a great product. The windshield has compound curves and it really directs the air flow up and around very nicely. I also like the brackets because once installed, you just leave them on whether you have the windshield mounted or not. Furthermore once you've installed the brackets, the windshield mounts in like 10 seconds.

Check it out: https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php...roducts_id=630

I also have the Borrego rack installed. Nice quality rack but it doesn't have a back rest although it does have grab handles for the passenger.