Is the Muzzy full systeam too loud?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Is the Muzzy full systeam too loud?

Hey stellar
The two bros slip on is what I replaced my Muzzy with due to sound. But something I didnt expect is the bike makes More power down low...where it needs it.

If you have the stock 249cc I would just go with a slip on.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:28 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Ihappy withmy two bros slip power and sound. I cant comment on the muzzy or big gun because I have never seen or heard one in person.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

What makes the full system Muzzy/Big Gun so muchlouder over the slip-ons? Is it the bigger headpipe?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

I think it is just the nature of the exhaust. The fmf q series of exhausts are engineered with low noise and performance in mind. The 2bros is probably the same way. As a trade off for lower noise some performance may be sacrificed. The muzzy/big gun are made for the most possible performance, noise they produce is not a factor. They were both designed for closed track racing where there is no noise requirements, they then try to muffle them down with quite core inserts to pass forest service requirements. Both those systems were designed to be ran with no spark aresstor and no quite core, and they will both make the most power that way. I belive that the HMF slipon is just as loud as the muzzy.Does anyone else that has heard them both together at the same time have an opnion about the noise of the hmf vs. the muzzy or the big gun?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Just as a FYI guys, I don't know if all of you know this or not but a 10 dB increase is twice as loud. Hence 90 dB is twice as loud as 80 dB. NOT 12.5% louder but 100% louder.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

What are guys using for slip on mods? I can't seem to find any links or part #s to get a slip on or any other full system for the klx250s. Too bad the big mfg co. dont see that the little kawis are catching on and start making more add ons. Seems if you don't have one of the biggest baddest bikes you are limited to making your own parts. I have a ttr225 and a yz125 and cant find anything for the ttr but everything for the yz. I bought my new klx last tuesday and already looking to upgrade in the mod dept.,fun little bike but needs just a little more to be perfect for what i want to do with it.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member

i run the BG with only the spark arrestor.. at the Pine Barrens ride i believe the way pat put it was "the loudest pipe out here was you.. and you".
both "you's" said while looking at me.
lol

but i must say that while it isnt super snappy on the bottom end, the top end rips when i crack the throttle and she hits 7k rpm and climbs. next year the 300/331 bore is a possibility to remedy the low end lack of power.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 PM
1st Gear Member

The honda had you pretty closly matched though. As for the muzzy on my bike they hooked me up with is a head turner coming though the hood to get to the country side to ride at.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Hows ur bike runnin nate? Like the muzzy? That thing ran damn good in NJ, whack it and it front came up pretty easy ....

Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Runs great still debating weather or not i should change the sprocket. Love the sound of the muzzy. Pat said it sounded better then when it was on his. He took his air lid off, i left mine on and have the kdx200 high flow snorkel in it. Everyonce in awhile it pops on decal, found out when slowing down to stop that is to ease off the throtle while stopping and prevents it from happening. I have no problem going outside and starting it up just to hear it run.
You, Craig, Pat & Jimmi, did one heck of a job working on it.

Quick Reply: Is the Muzzy full systeam too loud?