Mods? what have you done?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Mods? what have you done?

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

OK Tony, I give: I can't find a 13T JTF516 for sale anywhere. Plenty of 14, 15, and 16T but no 13. Do you have a source?
Here is the process. Go to motorcycle stuff and click on the dealer loacator. This sprocket is is for a overseas bike. JT has 15 left in stock. They are sold through Motorcycle Stuff, who have 2ea in stock JTF 516.13. Ok, I done all my home work.
MCS part no. 4024615 @ $14.92

also found Sunstar: Kawasaki (34113) 1996 EX250-F 250 13tooth, no pics or tech info.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Removed the air box snorkle, 120 jet, drilled the slide valve( same as KLR/dynojet) and Tony
Same as the KLX300 dynojet kit?
Did you do anything with the needle, or is that unchanged, and only changed the main jet?
Or did you use the KLX300 dynojet needle?
I need to know exactly what to tell the mechanic to do, and which kit to buy.
Thanks.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OldDualSporter

Removed the air box snorkel, 120 jet, drilled the slide valve( same as KLR/dynojet) and Tony
Same as the KLX300 dynojet kit?
Did you do anything with the needle, or is that unchanged, and only changed the main jet?
Or did you use the KLX300 dynojet needle?
I need to know exactly what to tell the mechanic to do, and which kit to buy.
Thanks.
No kit.
Drill the slide valve vent hole with a #30 drill bit. (KLR650 dynojet kit)
Stock needle with, no washers added. I didn't mess with the needle because I wanted to keep the cruise mileage. 1.89 gal tank...what where those desk jockeys thinking.
If you want an adjustable needle, get a stock KLX250/300 needle.
Bought the 120 jet so I could remove the snorkel, and the 125jet for when I get a pipe....after a bigger fuel resevior
Mechanic?

Old 01-01-2006, 02:26 AM

Mechanic?
Yes _ I am very rich, and have a full-time mechanic that works for me, and does all the actual work on my vast collection of motorcycles of every type.
Actiually, for various resaons, I no longer do my own wrenching, and must rely on stuff I learn around these forums, from people that have already done something that I want to do also to my bikes, so I know what to tell the dealer mechanic, since there is no Dynojet kit available yet for the 06 KLX250.
Every time I look at the bike, I re-wonder what the heck made them put such a small gas tank on it....don't any of them actually ride any of these bikes? Or maybe in Japan, there is a gas station on every corner, even in the sticks (if they still have any).
Been thinking about the new Big Gun EVO X full exhaust -- supposed to have a decent silencer and spark arrestor, and good performance too.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, actually, there are gas stations on every corner here!
The KLX250H is HUGELY popular in Japan. I have no idea why they put such a small tank on the thing. The guys at my local gas station know me by name now (that's partly because I stick out being an American!)

Old 01-05-2006, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: NavKLX

Yeah, actually, there are gas stations on every corner here!
The KLX250H is HUGELY popular in Japan. I have no idea why they put such a small tank on the thing. The guys at my local gas station know me by name now (that's partly because I stick out being an American!)
Yeah -- nothing like being a "round-eye" (do they still use that term over there?).
Heard in othe Asian languages too.
Do they also have the SuperMoto version, like in Aus.?
And have a digital dash (like on DRZ400), instead of analog like we have here?

Old 01-06-2006, 04:40 AM
1st Gear Member

They do have a super-moto version here, as well as the digital dash. I like the digital dash, compact and easy to read -- but no tachometer like yours.

Here's a link to a Japanese website listing super-moto KLX bikes (called the D-Tracker) for sale (with photos).
http://www.goobike.com/cgi-bin/searc...ai_name=&kind=
(hopefully this link will work!)

Old 01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NavKLX

They do have a super-moto version here, as well as the digital dash. I like the digital dash, compact and easy to read -- but no tachometer like yours.

Here's a link to a Japanese website listing super-moto KLX bikes (called the D-Tracker) for sale (with photos).
http://www.goobike.com/cgi-bin/searc...ai_name=&kind=
(hopefully this link will work!)

Sweet bikes! I don't suppose you could ship home a set of that black body work?

Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Huh? That was weird. I was looking at all of the bikes in there and decided to save some of the pictures, but it won't let you. I would really like to get a copy of all of these bikes to show my dealer and mechanic. Hey NavKLX any ideas? Man it looks like our bikes but all road setup. Don't you guys have dirt over there? LOL

deej

Old 01-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ok since I don't speak Japanese I just clicked on different links in there and with a picture of a bike open there is a couple of links around the picture that takes you to the bike and a map, and it's there you can right click and save cool.

deej

Quick Reply: Mods? what have you done?